Ultralight Saddles

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Colfack

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
"swimmers"? I'm looking at the Selle Italia SLR = Trans Am, Selle San Marco Aspide or Aireon
ProLite. All of these = saddles are sub 185 grams and have a cut-out or relief. I currently = ride a
Flite Genuine Gel but it is relatively heavy and it doesn't stop = the numbness during long rides.

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1252"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2719.2200" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight = racing saddle=20 that has
some protection for my "swimmers"? I'm looking at the = Selle=20 Italia SLR Trans Am,
Selle San Marco Aspide or Aireon ProLite. All = of=20 these saddles are sub 185 grams and
have a cut-out or relief. I = currently=20 ride a Flite Genuine Gel but it is relatively
heavy and it doesn't stop = the=20 numbness during long rides.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C2DB23.17A7B3C0--

Richard says:

>Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
>"swimmers"?

You may have to make the unenviable choice of protection of (gasp!) weight. Which is more important?

Steve

The aspid is more comfortable than it looks!

"Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Richard says:
>
> >Anybody have any recommendations on a ultralight racing saddle that has = some protection for my
> >"swimmers"?
>
> You may have to make the unenviable choice of protection of (gasp!)
weight.
> Which is more important?
>
> Steve

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"

I ride a specialized body geometry comp 02 which does help out the = swimmers, but it also weighs
more than im sure your looking for. If you = want to sacrifice one or the other i think I'd choose
to take on the few = extra ounces and save a few swimmers! The only thing bad about the =
specialized that i have found so far is for the first 100-150 miles = depending on your weight
"that's about how long it takes to break in" it = rides like a 2"x4" but after that its wonderful
------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1252"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2800.1126" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I ride a specialized body geometry comp =

02 which does help out the swimmers, but it also weighs more than = im sure=20 your looking
for. If you want to sacrifice one or the other i think I'd = choose=20 to take on the few extra
ounces and save a few swimmers! The only thing = bad=20 about the specialized that i have found so
far is for the first 100-150 = miles=20 depending on your weight "that's about how long it takes to
break in" it = rides=20 like a 2"x4" but after that its wonderful</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C2DB4E.4892AFA0--

Status
Not open for further replies.