Ultregra front deraillour adjustment

Nickldn

Jun 5, 2011
I've recently built a tri bike with a Shimano Ultegra 6600 groupset. It's got double chainrings and of course a ten speed cassette. I've followed the the instructions to put on the groupset and adjusted the front deraillour clearances, it all runs very smoothly, except when the chain is on the smaller inner chainring and the smallest outer cassesset cog. In that gear arrangement the chain is crossed and touches the deraillour outer plate, which of course isn't very good. My LBS has looked at it and told me not to ride in that particular gear, which is fine, but I was wondering if I should do anything to adjust it and of course if it means anythings else could be incorrectly adjusted too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

you know how to install a complete groupset by yourself and you don't know that simple rule ?
hard to believe but ok, thats completely normal, you are not suppose to use that gear combination, small/small or big/big

Um, I'm totally new to building bicycles. I used to build racing motorcycles, so bicycles are easy.....but as for basic principles, I have not the slightest clue!! :) Thank you for your advice, I can leave the thing alone now!!!