Um Reifenbreite

gumby

Guest
With all the cycling on the tv I have started thinking towards the long
cold nights without *****ing at Tomalaris and Phil and Paul.

I have just bought a tabletop games Carcassone and half remembered a
game called 'Um Reifenbreite' (By the width of a tyre) played with
dice, cards also called 'Homas Tour'

I have done a small bit of googling and have downloaded a few card sets
and rules (without pictures).

Has there ever been an English language version of this game made?

My German language ist shrecklich, dont particularly want the German
language version, but I could ~eventually~ cope.

Does anyone have the game, or played it or have any comments?
Steven

gumby wrote:

> My German language ist shrecklich, dont particularly want the German
> language version, but I could ~eventually~ cope.

Shrecklich? Was? Großes grünes ogrelich?? Ahh, *schrecklich*! Ich
verstehen.

Sorry, I *really* need to improve my terrible German, wonderful
language for shouting at people in :) Other than that, there's not too
much use for it in Australia.

Graeme

Graeme Dods wrote:
> gumby wrote:
>
> > My German language ist shrecklich, dont particularly want the German
> > language version, but I could ~eventually~ cope.

> Shrecklich? Was? Großes grünes ogrelich?? Ahh, *schrecklich*! Ich
> verstehen.
>
> Sorry, I *really* need to improve my terrible German, wonderful
> language for shouting at people in :) Other than that, there's not too
> much use for it in Australia.
>
> Graeme

reading doctors prescriptions?
workshop manuals for volkswagens?
disclaimers by T-mobile

gumby wrote:
> Graeme Dods wrote:
> > gumby wrote:
> >
> > > My German language ist shrecklich, dont particularly want the German
> > > language version, but I could ~eventually~ cope.

> > Shrecklich? Was? Großes grünes ogrelich?? Ahh, *schrecklich*! Ich
> > verstehen.
> >
> > Sorry, I *really* need to improve my terrible German, wonderful
> > language for shouting at people in :) Other than that, there's not too
> > much use for it in Australia.
> >
> > Graeme

> reading doctors prescriptions?
> workshop manuals for volkswagens?
> disclaimers by T-mobile

Vorsprung durch dumkopfen

Ich bin einer bratwurst und der sauerkraut

Deutschland, Deutschland uber pfeffernusse

und der cryink und der groanink ('The Great Dictator', I think)

All useful phrases . . .

> > Sorry, I *really* need to improve my terrible German, wonderful
> > language for shouting at people in :) Other than that, there's not too
> > much use for it in Australia.

Vorsprung durch dumkopfen
Ich bin einer bratwurst und der sauerkraut
Deutschland, Deutschland uber pfeffernusse
und der cryink und der groanink ('The Great Dictator', I think)
All useful phrases . . .

"Eine bier bitte" and "danke" is all you'll ever need! :D

hippy
"gurgle gurgle"

--
And the classic from JF Kennedy:

"Ich bin ein Berliner!"
equals
"I am a sausage!"

Peter

-
And the classic from JF Kennedy:

"Ich bin ein Berliner!"
equals
"I am a sausage!"

Peter
Nein, my little kartoffel, a Berliner is a type of doughnut.
tongue.gif

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:25:59 +1000, matagi wrote:

> Peter Keller Wrote:
>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 05:01:08 -0700, "mfhor wrote:
>>
>> -
>> And the classic from JF Kennedy:
>>
>> "Ich bin ein Berliner!"
>> equals
>> "I am a sausage!"
>>
>> PeterNein, my little kartoffel, a Berliner is a type of doughnut. [image:

> http://cyclingforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif]

Noch besser!!

Peter

--
Certified virus free. No microsoft involved.

hippy said:
"Eine bier bitte" and "danke" is all you'll ever need! :D

hippy
"gurgle gurgle"

Never "Zwei bier bitte"? Time spent speaking German is drinking time wasted.

"Peter Keller" wrote

> And the classic from JF Kennedy:
>
> "Ich bin ein Berliner!"
> equals
> "I am a sausage!"

Dang, I always thought he wanted a flash Commodore.

Theo

Theo Bekkers wrote:
> "Peter Keller" wrote
>
> > And the classic from JF Kennedy:
> >
> > "Ich bin ein Berliner!"
> > equals
> > "I am a sausage!"

> Dang, I always thought he wanted a flash Commodore.
>
> Theo

So No-one has played the game then? Pity. I remember someone writing
about it on a.b some time ago.

I have really gone off computer games in a big way.