Umbrella Holder for Bicycles?

Not me but cool.....this would be suitable for my mom to the market....:rolleyes:

Gee, I dunno. When I ride in the rain I get wetter from water spraying off the road than falling from the sky. Or is it suppose to hold a parasol to allow one to ride in the shade on sunny days? But wait, it's good for motorcycles, too?

Honestly, this seems like a pretty dumb (and very dangerous) idea. I think most people that have ever ridden a bike would see the folly in having a big, pointy, wind-catching thing attached just above and in front of the cyclist's face. :rolleyes:

I suppose you could attach it to the seatpost and use the umbrella like a drag chute for resistance training. :D

I haven't seen anything like that in over 30 years. The only time I've ever seen that was when I was a kid. After meeting up with a friend just before school as a kid one morning, we saw a woman riding a bike with an umbrella. We got a kick out of it.

Not sure what laws exist in other countries, but, in Japan, the use of an umbrella while riding a bike recently became illegal (maximum fine equivalent to around US$500). The same is true for cell phone use while riding.

nbfman said:
...in Japan, the use of an umbrella while riding a bike recently became illegal (maximum fine equivalent to around US$500). The same is true for cell phone use while riding.

What about hands free?

(the umbrella, of course...)
Umbrella_Hat.jpg

:D

frenchyge said:
What about hands free?

I think the main technical requirement is that both hands need to be holding the handle bars. However, you can also be penalized for unsafe riding practices, and there have been mentions of umbrellas in that context. In practice, it probably means you could easily find yourself in a weak position legally if you are involved in an accident while riding with a hands-free umbrella.

cyberlegend1994 said:
I haven't seen anything like that in over 30 years. The only time I've ever seen that was when I was a kid. After meeting up with a friend just before school as a kid one morning, we saw a woman riding a bike with an umbrella. We got a kick out of it.

Yeah,nowadays around my area I still see womans who works at the factories here holding the umbrella while riding at low speed.I ma imagining if roadies were using those and when it comes to sprinting.....oh wow:eek: