Unaugural 2008: Some bad news, a roll call, and a vote

BT Humble

Guest
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

The roll call:
If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
can make sure I buy enough food).

The vote:
I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
weeks.

The only situation I can see it being possible to have a bonfire is if
it's raining on the day, and I suspect that's pretty damned unlikely.

BTH

BT Humble wrote:
> The roll call:
> If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
> and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
> can make sure I buy enough food).

I'm somewhere more likely than "Postman Pat said he'll be there" and
somewhat less likely than a definite aye.

JL
Maybe if I'm lucky

BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:

> If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"

Aye

> and how many people you're bringing

Me, and probably the girlfiend, and possibly two of your neighbours as
well...

big

--
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history,
all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled,

BT Humble wrote:
> The bad news:
> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..
>
> The roll call:
> If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
> and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
> can make sure I buy enough food).
>
> The vote:
> I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
> 2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
> your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
> weeks.
>
> The only situation I can see it being possible to have a bonfire is if
> it's raining on the day, and I suspect that's pretty damned unlikely.
>

> BTH

Aye,
solo,
no uncontrollable tendencies toward pyromania.
Moike

BT Humble wrote:
> The bad news:
> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..
>
> The roll call:
> If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
> and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
> can make sure I buy enough food).
>
> The vote:
> I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
> 2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
> your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
> weeks.

aye, aye.

Nev..
'07 XB12X

On Apr 16, 8:56 pm, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
> The bad news:
> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..
>
> The roll call:
> If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
> and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
> can make sure I buy enough food).
>
> The vote:
> I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
> 2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
> your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
> weeks.
>
> The only situation I can see it being possible to have a bonfire is if
> it's raining on the day, and I suspect that's pretty damned unlikely.
>
> BTH

Aye (just me and my witchy hat)
as for the vote: either way suits me, bummer about the bonfire...

betty

"BT Humble" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The bad news:
> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..
>
> The roll call:
> If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
> and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
> can make sure I buy enough food).
>
> The vote:
> I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
> 2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
> your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
> weeks.
>
> The only situation I can see it being possible to have a bonfire is if
> it's raining on the day, and I suspect that's pretty damned unlikely.

The Volvo doesn't want to get out of bed. Says it's getting chilly.

So I won't be there.

Neigh?

T.

On Apr 16, 8:56 pm, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
> The bad news:
> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..
>
> The roll call:
> If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"

Aye, and the boss.

> The vote:
> I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
> 2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
> your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
> weeks.

As an attendee of both of those I don't really mind either way. What
about a nice fire in a 44 gallon/200 l drum?

In a small attempt to make up for the missing bonfire, I propose a
damper-cooking competition (with a trophy).

I'll supply the flour, but you'll have to bring your own additives.

BTH

On Apr 17, 8:34 am, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
> In a small attempt to make up for the missing bonfire, I propose a
> damper-cooking competition (with a trophy).
>
> I'll supply the flour, but you'll have to bring your own additives.
>
> BTH

Count me out of that, it'll eat into my beer drinking time.

On Apr 16, 8:56 pm, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
> The bad news:
> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..
>
> The roll call:
> If you're going to attend, please reply to this thread with an "aye"
> and how many people you're bringing (I need a rough count so that I
> can make sure I buy enough food).
>
> The vote:
> I'm comfortable with either a 2004-style medium-sized campfire or a
> 2006-style shed party. If you're a confirmed attendee, please cast
> your vote so that I can make appropriate preparations over the next 2
> weeks.
>
> The only situation I can see it being possible to have a bonfire is if
> it's raining on the day, and I suspect that's pretty damned unlikely.
>
> BTH

pike.. sniff

mh

BT Humble wrote:
> The bad news:
> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one of out
wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.

Bloody global warming!

Theo

On Apr 17, 9:11 am, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
> BTHumble wrote:
> > The bad news:
> > In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> > control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> > That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> > sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

> It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one of out
> wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.
>
> Bloody global warming!
>
> Theo

Enjoy it while it lasts - next year might be different. Tarago
enjoyed a comparatively wet summer this year (hence the long grass).

BTH

On Apr 17, 9:11 am, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
> BT Humble wrote:
> > The bad news:
> > In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> > control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> > That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> > sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

> It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one of out
> wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.
>
> Bloody global warming!
>
> Theo

La Niña more likely, but I suspect you knew that.

"Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> BT Humble wrote:
>> The bad news:
>> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
>> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
>> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
>> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

> It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one of out
> wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.
>
> Bloody global warming!

No ****. I got ****** on today on the bike. First time I have ever been wet
through my Dri-Rider overalls.

Fraser

[email protected] wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> Bloody global warming!

> La Niña more likely, but I suspect you knew that.

What opera does she sing in?

Theo
OK, OK, but really, global warming should mean more rain, not less.

Fraser Johnston wrote:
> No ****. I got ****** on today on the bike.

Yeah. I wish those people would keep their dogs leashed when they go
out walking!

BTH

BT Humble wrote:
> The bad news:
> In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
> control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
> That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
> sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..
>

> BTH

Wot, no bonfire? Right, that's it. Pike.
--
Regards

Andrew

Oi, leave me alone. I was the only one who *didn't* pike Australia Day!

Theo Bekkers wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>>> Bloody global warming!

>> La Niña more likely, but I suspect you knew that.

> What opera does she sing in?
>
> Theo
> OK, OK, but really, global warming should mean more rain, not less.

It's climate change, not global warming. Think of it as putting more
energy in the weather system which causes the system to be more 'active'
(yes that's a gross over simplification :)

So expect more extremes rather than noticible warming (although if
energy keeps entering the system and staying there that might change).

G-S