Unauthorised FR4

PiledHigher

New Member
Jul 30, 2003
It has come to my attention that there was an unauthorised FR4 last saturday.

You know who you are!!

PiledHigher wrote:
> It has come to my attention that there was an unauthorised FR4 last
> saturday.
>
> You know who you are!!

hey i thought the whole point of FR's was that they could happen at any
time, any place without notice and while technically not a public
disturbance, might as well be.

me riding to work every day last week (new personal record) upset a few
roadies, who moaned at me about how uncivilised fixies were etc, etc...

i just said to them, "what gear you in" just before the light changed,
they checked, and i was off! they didn't think it was very funny.

</ot_wander>

cheers,

Kim

Kim Hawtin said:
PiledHigher wrote:
> It has come to my attention that there was an unauthorised FR4 last
> saturday.
>
> You know who you are!!

hey i thought the whole point of FR's was that they could happen at any
time, any place without notice and while technically not a public
disturbance, might as well be.

me riding to work every day last week (new personal record) upset a few
roadies, who moaned at me about how uncivilised fixies were etc, etc...

i just said to them, "what gear you in" just before the light changed,
they checked, and i was off! they didn't think it was very funny.

</ot_wander>

cheers,

Kim

Well they happen a few times a week, it just doesn't count when you are by yourself or only see another fix at an intersection.

This fixed ride was a bunch ride including beach rd, funny comments and long socks. They may have even had best muffins in the world for all I know.

PiledHigher said:
Well they happen a few times a week, it just doesn't count when you are by yourself or only see another fix at an intersection.

This fixed ride was a bunch ride including beach rd, funny comments and long socks. They may have even had best muffins in the world for all I know.

the long sox is a giveaway. any 'savanah' dwellers, perhaps? :D:D:D

PiledHigher said:
It has come to my attention that there was an unauthorised FR4 last saturday.

You know who you are!!

Guilty!

NoZX6R and I have been riding sat FRs since late last year(?? NoZX6R - confirm this??). "Mr. Long Socks" has been a recent regular addition and clearly the most skilled street fixer among us by far.

As always, we like to spread the love. i.e. Anyone is welcome to join us even if you don't ride fixed and just wanna come along to watch/learn/experience/whatever. We generally meet at the cnr of swanston and elgin st (Carlton area behind Melb uni). Rides range from 3 laps on the brunswick track to longer rides down beach rd. Always a coffee after.

If anyone is interested drop me an e-mail whatthekoon(AT)hotmail(DOT)com

Cheers
Koon

PiledHigher wrote:
> It has come to my attention that there was an unauthorised FR4 last
> saturday.
>
> You know who you are!!

An FR is inherently authorised. In fact, I think it should be compulsory.

--
Nick