Unauthorised FR4

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by PiledHigher, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    It has come to my attention that there was an unauthorised FR4 last saturday.

    You know who you are!!

    Tags:

  2. Kim Hawtin

    Kim Hawtin Guest

    PiledHigher wrote:
    > It has come to my attention that there was an unauthorised FR4 last
    > saturday.
    >
    > You know who you are!!

    hey i thought the whole point of FR's was that they could happen at any
    time, any place without notice and while technically not a public
    disturbance, might as well be.

    me riding to work every day last week (new personal record) upset a few
    roadies, who moaned at me about how uncivilised fixies were etc, etc...

    i just said to them, "what gear you in" just before the light changed,
    they checked, and i was off! they didn't think it was very funny.

    </ot_wander>

    cheers,

    Kim

  3. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    Well they happen a few times a week, it just doesn't count when you are by yourself or only see another fix at an intersection.

    This fixed ride was a bunch ride including beach rd, funny comments and long socks. They may have even had best muffins in the world for all I know.

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    the long sox is a giveaway. any 'savanah' dwellers, perhaps? :D:D:D

  5. Koon Yong

    Koon Yong New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2003
    Guilty!

    NoZX6R and I have been riding sat FRs since late last year(?? NoZX6R - confirm this??). "Mr. Long Socks" has been a recent regular addition and clearly the most skilled street fixer among us by far.

    As always, we like to spread the love. i.e. Anyone is welcome to join us even if you don't ride fixed and just wanna come along to watch/learn/experience/whatever. We generally meet at the cnr of swanston and elgin st (Carlton area behind Melb uni). Rides range from 3 laps on the brunswick track to longer rides down beach rd. Always a coffee after.

    If anyone is interested drop me an e-mail whatthekoon(AT)hotmail(DOT)com

    Cheers
    Koon

  6. NoZX6R

    NoZX6R Guest

    PiledHigher wrote:
    > It has come to my attention that there was an unauthorised FR4 last
    > saturday.
    >
    > You know who you are!!

    An FR is inherently authorised. In fact, I think it should be compulsory.

    --
    Nick