Unborn Chicken Eggs

"Boron Elgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:51:30 -0600, <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Boron Elgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> >
> >> The unborn eggs are considered fleischig.
> >>
> >> Boron

> >What does "fleischig" mean ?
> >

> The unborn eggs are considered as meat.
>
> Boron

Why are unborn eggs considered "feshig" but born eggs are parve (neutral,
can be eaten with meat OR milk)?

Rand

tuppy wrote:
> "Boron Elgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:51:30 -0600, <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"Boron Elgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>What does "fleischig" mean ?
>>>

>>The unborn eggs are considered as meat.
>>
>>Boron

> Why are unborn eggs considered "feshig" but born eggs are parve (neutral,
> can be eaten with meat OR milk)?
>
> Rand

maybe because the only way to get them is when they are still in the
body of the hen? I bet there are like pages of arguments in the Talmud
about this.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

tuppy wrote:
> Why are unborn eggs considered "feshig" but born eggs are parve (neutral,
> can be eaten with meat OR milk)?

Why is the capybara a fish?

--Blair
"Why do we kneel and ask ghosts for favors?"

"Blair P. Houghton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> tuppy wrote:
> > Why are unborn eggs considered "feshig" but born eggs are parve

(neutral,
> > can be eaten with meat OR milk)?

> Why is the capybara a fish?
>
> --Blair
> "Why do we kneel and ask ghosts for favors?"

Why did you even bother?

tuppy wrote:
> "Blair P. Houghton" wrote:
> > tuppy wrote:
> > > Why are unborn eggs considered "feshig" but born eggs are parve

> > Why is the capybara a fish?

> Why did you even bother?

I like pointing out the irony of arbitrary nonsense.

Why did /you/ bother? is the better question.

--Blair

On 16 Jan 2006 22:22:22 -0800, "Blair P. Houghton"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>tuppy wrote:
>> >
>> > Why is the capybara a fish?

>> Why did you even bother?

>I like pointing out the irony of arbitrary nonsense.

One could examine the traditions, rules and regulations of virtually
any religion and decide they are arbitrary nonsense. In fact, a good
many people think that of any religion except their own. Prohibitions
on dancing or drinking or tattoos, or think about transubstantiation,
repeating phrases over and over, counting beads, refusing medicines,
praying facing a certain direction, allowing art, not allowing art,
cutting off bits of flesh, talking to ancestors....the list is as long
as world history. There is no reason to single any one religion for
goofy traits or arbitrary nonsense. They all have them and have been
warring over them a long, long time.

Boron

Boron Elgar wrote:
> One could examine the traditions, rules and regulations of virtually
> any religion and decide they are arbitrary nonsense.

But then, one would have to be rational.

And if one were rational, one would realize that the word could should
be "would" and the word "virtually" is superfluous.

--Blair