Under-seat pannier racks

Michael Evans

Guest
Everyone, I've got an Easy Racers Tour Easy, and currently carry my panniers on a standard rack over
the rear tire. I'd like to start carrying my panniers under my seat, however, and am interested in
getting an under-seat rack.

I've heard these racks for the Tour Easy mentioned on this newsgroup, but it's been a while.
Can anyone make a recommendation? Is there more than one maker? Which is the best?

Thanks, Mike

Originally posted by Michael Evans
Everyone, I've got an Easy Racers Tour Easy, and currently carry my panniers on a standard rack over
the rear tire. I'd like to start carrying my panniers under my seat, however, and am interested in
getting an under-seat rack.

I've heard these racks for the Tour Easy mentioned on this newsgroup, but it's been a while.
Can anyone make a recommendation? Is there more than one maker? Which is the best?

Thanks, Mike

Mike
I don't know if these will work for your bike but I just found out about x-eyed panier racks that will work for my rans v-rex.It may be worth looking into.
good luck
Harv

Laurie "Wo" Smith sells the only under seat rack system I know of specifically made for the TE and
Easyracer bikes. Her website lists the rack and two sizes of panniers made to work with it:

http://www.geocities.com/e_r_r_c/

She is very helpful and knowledgeable about Easyracer bikes. I've also been told by Angletech that
their new Techwind panniers will work with the EasyRacer underseat rack. This looks a bit more aero
to me, and I have one on order.

Good luck, Nathan

[email protected] (Nathan Congdon) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Laurie "Wo" Smith sells the only under seat rack system I know of specifically made for the TE and
> Easyracer bikes. Her website lists the rack and two sizes of panniers made to work with it:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/e_r_r_c/
>

> She is very helpful and knowledgeable about Easyracer bikes. I've also been told by Angletech that
> their new Techwind panniers will work with the EasyRacer underseat rack. This looks a bit more
> aero to me, and I have one on order.

The rack is made by Terracycle: http://www.terracycle.com/easy_reacher.htm --- there's a list of
vendors on that page. Although I agree that Wo's the authority on Easy Racer accessories.

Terracycle's pretty neat, too. They're allowing us to have our monthly OHPV meeting at their shop
tomorrow night.

Jeff

The Easy Reacher rack (mentioned here, made by TerraCycle and sold by ERRC) is very well made. It
installs easy. I purchased it and the small ERRC panniers and have been satisfied. The zippers on
the panniers are not well thought out - I added a longer pull for easier access, but other than that
they work just fine. The rack is exceptional.

<rb