Under-seat pannier racks

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Michael Evans, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Everyone, I've got an Easy Racers Tour Easy, and currently carry my panniers on a standard rack over
    the rear tire. I'd like to start carrying my panniers under my seat, however, and am interested in
    getting an under-seat rack.

    I've heard these racks for the Tour Easy mentioned on this newsgroup, but it's been a while.
    Can anyone make a recommendation? Is there more than one maker? Which is the best?

    Thanks, Mike

    Tags:

  2. Harv Lefave

    Harv Lefave New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2003
    Mike
    I don't know if these will work for your bike but I just found out about x-eyed panier racks that will work for my rans v-rex.It may be worth looking into.
    good luck
    Harv

  3. Laurie "Wo" Smith sells the only under seat rack system I know of specifically made for the TE and
    Easyracer bikes. Her website lists the rack and two sizes of panniers made to work with it:

    http://www.geocities.com/e_r_r_c/

    She is very helpful and knowledgeable about Easyracer bikes. I've also been told by Angletech that
    their new Techwind panniers will work with the EasyRacer underseat rack. This looks a bit more aero
    to me, and I have one on order.

    Good luck, Nathan

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Nathan Congdon) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Laurie "Wo" Smith sells the only under seat rack system I know of specifically made for the TE and
    > Easyracer bikes. Her website lists the rack and two sizes of panniers made to work with it:
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/e_r_r_c/
    >

    > She is very helpful and knowledgeable about Easyracer bikes. I've also been told by Angletech that
    > their new Techwind panniers will work with the EasyRacer underseat rack. This looks a bit more
    > aero to me, and I have one on order.

    The rack is made by Terracycle: http://www.terracycle.com/easy_reacher.htm --- there's a list of
    vendors on that page. Although I agree that Wo's the authority on Easy Racer accessories.

    Terracycle's pretty neat, too. They're allowing us to have our monthly OHPV meeting at their shop
    tomorrow night.

    Jeff

  5. Randy Brown

    Randy Brown Guest

    The Easy Reacher rack (mentioned here, made by TerraCycle and sold by ERRC) is very well made. It
    installs easy. I purchased it and the small ERRC panniers and have been satisfied. The zippers on
    the panniers are not well thought out - I added a longer pull for easier access, but other than that
    they work just fine. The rack is exceptional.

    <rb