UNDERGARMENTS!

Dude

May 5, 2002
What is the best thing to wear under your cycling shorts? Are you supposed to ride butt-naked under your shorts? Wear a thong? Jock-strap? Briefs?

Most undergarments have seams in all the wrong places, which cause chaffing and will eventually lead to saddle sores.
Buy a good quality cycling short, undress the moment you complete your ride and wash your shorts after each ride.

You shouldn't wear anything under your shorts, but if you do make sure you don't have paterns under red or white shorts!

Vo2 said:
Most undergarments have seams in all the wrong places, which cause chaffing and will eventually lead to saddle sores.
Buy a good quality cycling short, undress the moment you complete your ride and wash your shorts after each ride.
This is exactly what I do. Works great. Anything under the shorts causes chaffing.

zbuzzard said:
so what is the penis direction up or down?.
What do you do with your underwear? Do that. Shouldn't matter unless you're getting erections. If that's the case, your mind isn't in the right place for your ride anyway.

My cycling shorts ARE my undergarments. I wear them under looser fitting athletic shorts because I believe that, if you weigh over 225 at 5'10", you shouldn't wear anything that tight.:rolleyes: When someone besides my wife will think I look good in cycling shorts I'll go with just those and nothing under. Everyone is right--underwear bunches in the wrong places and will lead to great misery in a very short time on a ride. Don't ask how I know...

I'm a european cyclist and here riding with you undies leads to serious trouble (I never tried it but I've heard story's). When you buy cycling shorts it's very important to buy good quality. And with cycling shorts it's the more you pay the less your butt will hurt. Some shorts don't absorb sweat enough and then your skin get's irritated. And that I've experienced. Best shorts are Assos shorts, their made in Switzerland and they've got a very good reputation. Assos is a synoniem for quality. They're quite expensive though. Lik the new FI.13 with elastic insert, that costs about 150$ but it's worth every cent of it.