Understanding CTL and TSS

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by whyohwhy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. whyohwhy

whyohwhy New Member

How does someone work out CTL and whether or not you are doing enough training and the minimum amount of training you can get by on when time is very short.

Cheers.

PS i don't know if i have phrased the question right or if i am barking up the wrong tree.

Tags:

2. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

I'd suggest you give the search function a try. There are lots of existing threads available on those topics.

3. PhilBixby

PhilBixby New Member

My own technique is to set some targets for each cycle of training, work to them, and see how knackered I feel. When I'm on the brink of feeling like I'm seriously overdoing it, then I know what to set weekly TSS at, and CTL will just end up where it ends up. If time's really short you'll probably find it's self-limiting anyway and you'd be better off just focusing on putting as many hours as possible into the sort of training that most suits your race/event aims.

4. dkrenik

dkrenik Member

Start here:
    Power 411, How to train with WKO+ Software and a power meter

I'm not sure how deep your understanding of Training by/with Power is. You might want to start with #1 and read your way through. For sure see #'s 6, 11, 12, and 13.

Oh, and as Frenchy suggested, use the search function of this forum - you'll find plenty.

Good luck,
    Dave

5. acoggan

acoggan Member

I'd also recommend #10, but it links to one of my presenations instead of the chapter. :mad:

6. daveryanwyoming

daveryanwyoming Well-Known Member