Underwear with Cycling Shorts?

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by IndyRider, Jan 28, 2007.

1. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

Mine too. Thats why I have been relegated to doing my own laundry...Well I do line dry my cycling shorts inside out. Makes me happy...LOL

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I am not allowed to do the laundry. Oh the deprivation! ;)

3. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

This is why shorts should be black and of good quality...

4. JuneHawk

JuneHawk New Member

If you don't wear underwear, do you also shave? I mean, I'd hate to think about how much pulling and tugging they'd be because of friction. It makes me go "ouch!" just thinking about it.

5. GT Fanatic

GT Fanatic New Member

They are black. :confused:

While they certainly aren't top of the line at $50+, they weren't $19 specials at Performance Bicycle, either...

6. mingcat9

mingcat9 New Member

That's a bit weird...all of my shorts come up to just below the belly button--no chance of crack!

To the original post:
    bike shorts with padding are meant to be worn sans undies. I've never tried wearing underwear with my bike shorts. I think it might cause more friction? plus, I find that the lycra is flattering on me...wouldn't want to ruin that with panty lines. :p

7. GT Fanatic

GT Fanatic New Member

Her crack was visible through the shorts, not above them. :eek:

8. mingcat9

mingcat9 New Member

Ah...that's terrible.i can't imagine that would be comfortable! all i can think of is that maybe it's a fit issue with the shorts.

9. GT Fanatic

GT Fanatic New Member

I think it's more of a material issue than a fit issue. :eek:

10. quenya

quenya New Member

My wife got me a bib short for my birthday the size chart, by waist, said I should be a med. My hips and butt are larger than my waist would suggest and we had to exchange the shorts for a large so my ass crack wouldn't show. Size certainly is a factor.

For the sake of all that is holy, DO NOT WEAR UNDERWEAR WITH CYCLING SHORTS!

11. doiturself

doiturself Member

I wear a very thin bikini-style underwear with the bib short (male).

Cannot abide buttcrack cheese and/or "drippings" going directly into the very expensive cycling shorts. The post-pee dripping is very acidic and will ultimately deteriorate the garment. Better to have that thin layer of cotton there.

Well, you asked!

12. tightshorts

tightshorts New Member

For my opinion about panties while riding is that you probly shouldnt wear like regular panties with your riding shorts but for me i wear thongs everyday so its just second nature to wear a thong or g string with my shorts. There really not enough material to bunch up or anything with a good quality thong or g string. So thongs are beat for me and on the other hand NO PANTIE LINES. And if you dont feel sexy while excercising younprobly wont be too motivated.

13. danfoz

danfoz Well-Known Member

I'm with this guy.

alienator likes this.
  14. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Buttcrack cheese? WTF. Do they have baths/showers in your neck of the woods?

15. LiquidPrinter

LiquidPrinter Banned

Underwear cycling is the Best :)

16. Celeste926

Celeste926 New Member

err,this sounds rediculous

17. zhangyolo

zhangyolo New Member

well, i think it won't work for women.

18. Nitefeatherz

Nitefeatherz New Member

Have to say- I was in a bad accident riding and the only thing I wound up KEEPING was my underwear. Everything else got cut off me during the ambulance ride. I would avoid wearing anything with lace but I wear a g-string and I've never had a problem- even when I went up to 25+ miles.

Although, in retrospect, I spent most of that ambulance ride unconscious (and the following few hours)...but it still sticks in my head. I've had accidents cycling- I want underwear! LOL.

19. ambal

ambal Active Member

Thats a good point, but remember ambo's are just doing a job. They shouldn't be getting their jolly's by looking at ours or any patients bits.

20. CrazyNick

CrazyNick New Member

Do NOT wear underwear under cycling shorts. If you think thongs are ok then you are doing it wrong. You dont sit on your arse cheeks you sit on your front bum. Like men sit on their gooch. Therefore I would say that it is more important that women are comfortable. Company's spend lots of money on R&D through world tour teams to develop shorts which are comfortable for riding. Why would you undo all that by wearing underwear. If you end up getting saddle sores it can be quite serious, I have heared of people needing surgery. People who say that they are more comfortable with underwear obviously don't do much cycling.