Underwear with Cycling Shorts?

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by IndyRider, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Nigel Doyle

Nigel Doyle Member

In addition to not wearing underwear, if you're riding anything much longer than an hour I would strongly recommend anti chaving cream. Putting a bit on makes a noticeable difference to comfort plus it will reduce the chances of getting saddle sores.

2. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder New Member

I personally prefer wearing cycling shots mainly because it avoids me from being conscious of exposing more skin than I should. I want to enjoy my biking the best way possible and that won't happen if I keep worrying that my shorts is flying off my skin. Also, in general, I think cycling shorts help in firming up your muscles and it also feels comfortable when you start sweating already because then again, you don't feel the sweat directly on your skin.

Overall, my opinion in what must be worn during any physical activities such as this all depends on your personal preference. Wear something that you are most convenient in and also that's functional at the same time.

3. shilpa123

shilpa123 New Member

Underwear os a big no. But I also feel it looks a bit awkward sometimes. I definitely think many people would never like that and think about it in a wring way.

4. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

I don't think that both of them go well, but it depends on the person really and if they are comfortable or aren't. :D

5. Connie858

Connie858 New Member

Absolutely commando under padded lycra shorts or longs. It feels odd at first but you will soon get used to it.

My lawn is has been both trimmed and untrimmed over the years and neither has caused a problem for with padded lycra, except for the in between stage when you have been lazy and really need to have trimmed, but it best untrimmed.

As for the dripping after a pee stop - that is what tissues are for - just carry a small plastic bag to store the tissue in rather than litter the countryside. Don't bury it or leave it 'out of sight' it takes a long time to decompose, much longer than you realise. But also I have never had it do any harm to my shorts - I am absolutely certain that sweat alone on long rides does causes more problems for the material than the odd drop of urine.

And if someone's crack is visible through their lycra, then either their lycra is white (never ever wear white lycra, just think wet T shirt), their lycra is really cheap or their lycra is giving up and needs replacing and no-one has had the decency to tell them!

6. Femiluv

Femiluv New Member

For whatever reason, I workout without panties but typically cannot bike without. I've never had issues with chaffing, and usually just wear a thong. If I'm out of underwear, I'll wear just my biking gear but something always feels odd. Bum wise, I feel the same when I'm cycling in a a thong or without, it's just a mental thing.

7. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

i would say no anything that causes more friction and adds extra heat should be avoided. I suppose it's a personal choice get from a hygiene point of view i would steer clear.

8. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

I've never been comfortable going commando, but I think I'm going to have to try riding without undies tomorrow.