Underwear

giltoronto said:
Do you guys wear underwear, under your bike shorts, when go for a ride?

According to the last poll results, 98% of riders who uses bicycle riding shorts or lycras, don’t use any underwear … under.

What about you gals? Some times you can know, some times you can’t

giltoronto said:

Never with lycra 'knicks' or cycle specific shorts. The padding (chamois) is designed to go next to your skin. Underwear will collect sweat & chafe you raw.

yeah I made that mistake once...only once when I first started wearing cycling shorts....that was a mistake I won't make again! OUCH!

Under my cycling shorts, never,

though sometimes I wear them on the outside, makes me feel like Superman :)

eric_the_red said:
Under my cycling shorts, never,

though sometimes I wear them on the outside, makes me feel like Superman :)

I like the concept. What color do you prefer or do you mix it up according to the day of the week.

jhuskey said:
I like the concept. What color do you prefer or do you mix it up according to the day of the week.

Various colours(correct spelling), depending on what jersey I'm wearing, don't want to clash now do we

And what are you doing snooping around the Canada section anyway :)

eric_the_red said:
Various colours(correct spelling), depending on what jersey I'm wearing, don't want to clash now do we

And what are you doing snooping around the Canada section anyway :)

He's a spy! :D

giltoronto said:
When I first started riding in the late 70 I went on a century ride wearing regular shorts and underwear. I was chafed and could not walk right for a week. That is when I went out and purchased my first pair of cycling shorts. I will not ride without them and will not wear the underwear with them.

That ride was one of the worst rides I was ever on. It was a heart association ride it was supposes to be a century it was 130 miles. I was run off the road by a cemetery, and since it was on Memorial Day, in the 70s nothing was open to clean my wounds. I cleaned it with gateraid it was a mess.

I learned that always carry at least one bottle of Water and a first aid kit.

Only if I'm using my bike as transport and wearing regular shorts for short distances ex: school, beyond that cycling shorts are the god of all shorts, otherwise you may not feel so good in a very important area, they are a very sound investment!

giltoronto said:
Padded lycra cycling shorts are designed to be worn without underwear, and most underwear has seams at the crotch which are most uncomfortable between rider and saddle. However..
Some underwear is cycle specific, it may have padding or simply no inconveniently placed seams. I have also found that some regular underpants can be worn with cycle shorts with no discomfort. The only point of doing this is that padding takes a long time to dry and if you want to wash and wear, it is easier to wash and dry thin pants than padded shorts. Wearing unwashed shorts with no underwear will bring on the saddle sores.

Oh joy, another new member who thread dredged an 8 year old discussion to plug a product in his very first post.
yawn.png

mpre53 said:
Oh joy, another new member who thread dredged an 8 year old discussion to plug a product in his very first post. :yawn:
Well there's certainly no shortage of new members doing as much.

alienator said:
Well there's certainly no shortage of new members doing as much.
yes more often than before, hopefully they will get tired and go away,

Disclaimer, not a troll or a vendor. Just a dedicate amateur. So I probably shouldn't encourage by responding to an ancient thread. But at times I want a base layer underneath. I found some Adidas Climatemax boxer briefs, a high tech extremely light mesh, I can barely tell I am wearing them. Neither a spammer nor a troll be.