underweight need bad help

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by stevechow, Feb 1, 2009.

1. spinner32

spinner32 New Member

Some people's physiology might make that possible... I'm guessing that if such a gain were to happen, it would be mostly water weight accompanying ridiculously high levels of sodium intake from "see food" diet. I've seen people gain healthy weight pretty fast, but it's usually when they are severely underweight already. Generally people do struggle with losing it, but in reality, the body loses just as fast as it gains. People struggle because it involves much more will power to constrict their diet than it does to chow down daily. Steve... don't worry. You sound like you are interested in gaining weight, not losing it right? I'm guessing that any fat (or spares, as I take your comment to mean) you put on will be easily lost if you just keep active in cycling.

2. JSWin

JSWin Member

Seems like you are calorie restricting. Dairy is not so hot for you either. Eggs and dairy are just not for human beings. It seems like you are vegetarian but it would work better if you focus on fruits and vegetables. Pasta and potatoes are good for you too.

3. hayvtv

hayvtv New Member

.eat pies, drink beer.....

4. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

Exactly. You shouldn't be cycling if you want to gain weight. :D I can say from my experience that drinking beer can help,
    because afterwards you are very hungry.

5. Zackiac

Zackiac New Member

Just consume weight gaining shakes; in no time at all, you will have gained some weight. I would recommend, though that if you do this, don't just rely on the shakes, but also on food sources like protein and carbohydrates. At this point, I would then look to build muscle on that gained weight so you can better your cycling performance.

6. gavinfree

gavinfree Member

Please stop reviving years-old threads. It's annoying, and you've done it about a dozen times on the forum already. Threads that are six or seven years-old are getting revived again because you're being lazy, and it's not cool. Nobody likes it.

7. Zackiac

Zackiac New Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the typical kind of diet for a regular cyclist? What food groups need to be consumed daily in order to maintain a good ratio of muscle to body fat? I am of average build but I want to undergo a special diet as I am starting to cycle regularly; I want to improve more and more everyday, so I think a diet will enable me to last longer hours everyday.

8. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

Haha steve skinny, your salutations make me laugh. Well, people say consume more calories to put on weight. It may not always be true. It depends on your constitution, metabolism rate, and any conditions. Merely eating highly saturated fats like red meat, clarified butter, extra cheese servings and so on may not do the trick for you while building bad cholesterol all the time. You may become a skinny fat and attract all lifestyle disorders.

Being skinny is healthy unless you are obsessed with aesthetics. Secondly you've not mentioned your age. As a thumb rule, consuming balanced diet is good for all.

9. joshposh

joshposh Banned

You should be eating more that's for sure. It really depends if you want to put on quality muscle or just want to put on the pounds as soon as possible.

In any case you should be drinking a protein and carbohydrate drink every couple of hours. Maybe 50 grams of protein and 50 grams of carb in every shake. Just take that every couple of hours with your regular meals and you should see a difference in your weight. If you want to put on some fat then get some fructose in your system was well. Eat chocolate or anything with refined sugar and that will go directly into your fat cells.

10. Runnerdo

Runnerdo New Member

Try some oily snacks! Funny how the rest of us want to do away with that but yes. The more you train your body will need more food to run on so you can cycle more. Good luck!

11. DancingLady

DancingLady Member

If you have the option to see a sports nutritionist that would be the best, as they can give you highly educated advice on how to fuel your body for the activities you do and what to eat to build muscle.

You might want to eat more meat than you currently do, and consider adding healthy fats like olive oil, walnuts, coconut oil to your food.

12. Vickeree

Vickeree Member

Body builders who have trouble gaining weight do GOMAD ( gallon of milk a day) they drink almost every two hours. If i had your problem i would eat lots of icecream with all the almond toppings and chocolates! It has tons of calories but doesnt make you full... not so healthy tho:p

13. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I used to weigh 100 lbs when I was studying. When I started working, I was up to 110 lbs. No matter what I eat, I couldn't gain weight. But as time goes by when I started enjoying life, here comes the spoiler.. the number on the scales began to rise until I reached 160 lbs. So I guess you just have to enjoy your life and sooner or later you will gain weight. And when that happens I'm sure will be riding day and night to shed off the excess weight.

14. rcdpink

rcdpink New Member

Most people complain of being overweight but you complain of the opposite. That's so amazing because a lot of people would love to be in your position, especially the ladies. If you want to build muscles there are a lot of supplements and over the counter drugs that can help with that. But if you want to go natural way then you should know that you need to eat a lot of ground provisions high in starch such as yam and potatoes. Do you eat meats? Meats can help as well.

15. rcdpink

rcdpink New Member

The guy says that he cannot manage drinking milk or even soy. So what else do you suggest aside from milk then.