Unexpected Christmas Cheer

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by June Oshiro, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. June Oshiro

    June Oshiro Guest

    Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell rang, and Matt answered it to
    find a neighbor bearing a small box of peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few
    months ago for new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.

    Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered that we gave out the
    biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging
    largest KING SIZE Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large dental bills
    this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a happy holiday!

    Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch you! :D

    -j.

    Tags:

  2. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    June Oshiro <[email protected]> writes:

    >Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell rang, and Matt answered it to
    >find a neighbor bearing a small box of peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few
    >months ago for new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.
    >
    >Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered that we gave out the
    >biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging
    >largest KING SIZE Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large dental bills
    >this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a happy holiday!
    >
    >Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch you! :D

    Good luck in your new home, June.

  3. John Gaquin

    John Gaquin Guest

    "June Oshiro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday.

    Welcome to Massachusetts -- home of the cold, impersonal, and aloof New Englander!

    Merry Christmas!

    JG

  4. Laura

    Laura Guest

    How nice..reminds me I will be sending special wishes, if not goodies to some very kindly neighbors
    who have helped me out this past year, me having a broken leg and then MS flairs galore..

    --

    Laura

    "June Oshiro" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell rang, and Matt answered it
    > to find a neighbor bearing a small box of peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few
    > months ago for new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.
    >
    > Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered that we gave out the
    > biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging
    > largest KING SIZE Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large dental
    > bills this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a happy holiday!
    >
    > Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch you! :D
    >
    > -j.

  5. "June Oshiro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell rang, and Matt answered it
    > to find a neighbor bearing a small box of peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few
    > months ago for new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.
    >
    > Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered that we gave out the
    > biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging
    > largest KING SIZE Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large dental
    > bills this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a happy holiday!
    >
    > Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch you! :D
    >
    > -j.

    Good for your neighbors! Congratulations with the new home and new jobs!

    Charlie

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Charles Gifford" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "June Oshiro" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell rang, and Matt answered it
    > > to find a neighbor bearing a small box of peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a
    > > few months ago for new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.
    > >
    > > Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered that we gave out the
    > > biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging
    > > largest KING SIZE Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large dental
    > > bills this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a happy holiday!
    > >
    > > Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch you! :D
    > >
    > > -j.
    >
    > Good for your neighbors! Congratulations with the new home and new jobs!
    >
    > Charlie

    Hey, June... I've been lurking for some time, but used to be a regular when you were around before.
    Where in MA are you?

    --
    Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the ;) to send mail).

  7. June Oshiro

    June Oshiro Guest

    Nancy Howells wrote:

    > Hey, June... I've been lurking for some time, but used to be a regular when you were around
    > before. Where in MA are you?

    Boston 'burbs.

    -j.

  8. In article <[email protected]>, June Oshiro
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Nancy Howells wrote:
    > >
    > > Hey, June... I've been lurking for some time, but used to be a regular when you were around
    > > before. Where in MA are you?
    >
    > Boston 'burbs.
    >
    > -j.

    Me, too - MetroWest. (Maynard, to be precise.)

    --
    Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the ;) to send mail).

  9. Jes

    Jes Guest

    June Oshiro <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Something unexpected and really nice happened yesterday. Our doorbell rang, and Matt answered it
    > to find a neighbor bearing a small box of peanut butter buckeye candies! We just moved to MA a few
    > months ago for new jobs, we haven't really gotten to know the people around here at all.
    >
    > Anyway, he said he'd been here at Halloween with his kids and remembered that we gave out the
    > biggest candy of them all. (I don't skimp on Halloween - I go to SAMs club and buy the frigging
    > largest KING SIZE Twix bars or whatever I can find.) Aside from joking about the large dental
    > bills this season, he and his family just wanted to wish us a happy holiday!
    >
    > Isn't that nice? I am really touched. May something equally nice touch you! :D
    >
    > -j.

    Last night, Christmas Eve, we needed to stop for gas. Well, technically I guess you could say it was
    Christmas because it was after midnight. In any case, I went in to get a bottle of apple juice and a
    bottle of water, and when I went to checkout the man said, "it's on me. Merry Christmas!" It was so
    unexpected, and so nice. Made the long drive seem less dreary. Also last night, we were unexpectedly
    invited to my FIL's best friends house for Christmas Eve dinner. While there the host's wife
    presented my daughter with a scarf she'd made herself, and my son with "skater style" wristbands,
    which he of course loved. Again, unexpected and very nice. I hadn't expected them to give any of us
    gifts, especially since we'd never met them before. The kids were thrilled though! It was lovely.

    kimberly