unexplained weight gain

kickingintouch

Dec 6, 2006
ive just done 100mile time trial,i ate onll 100 calories extra and did not rest after,the folllowing day i didn 2 hrs training and then 3 hours the day after,i didnt eat anyextra.so,how come i have gained weight!?my weight has been stable for weeks,should i cut down on the food intake,?the only thing i have not done is upper body weights for 6 days.will the weight drop naturally again?

kickingintouch said:
ive just done 100mile time trial,i ate onll 100 calories extra and did not rest after,the folllowing day i didn 2 hrs training and then 3 hours the day after,i didnt eat anyextra.so,how come i have gained weight!?my weight has been stable for weeks,should i cut down on the food intake,?the only thing i have not done is upper body weights for 6 days.will the weight drop naturally again?
maybe your body is holding water weight? just keep exercising right and eating right and you should be fine...that or youve gained muscle?

mongooseboy said:
maybe your body is holding water weight? just keep exercising right and eating right and you should be fine...that or youve gained muscle?
+1 on this post. After hard weekend stage races I almost always show an extra pound or two on the scales for about three days and then my weight drops back down to normal. The extra weight coincides with muscle soreness so I'm pretty sure it's water retention related to inflammation from the hard riding. I worried about this earlier this season till the pattern became predictable. I wouldn't try to restrict calories or otherwise diet unless the weight is still there after a few more days.

-Dave