uni-one teaser out now!

eljest wrote:
> *But does anyone got some tip about slippy pedals? the pedals can get
> very slippy this time of the year.. *

You can use pedals with metal pins. If those don't work you could also
try some rat-trap type pedals with big teeth. These pedals usually
aren't as strong though, and may get destroyed doing some of your
tricks.

Metal pins are the best grip I know of, but I haven't done snow riding
in a long time...

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

I allredy use metal pins, rat-trap pedals? that could work.
Okey, that's worse. I could problaby use one rat-trap pedal and one
grindpedal. Yeah problaby but they not that good when it get's a
cuticle of ice on the pins.

Simon

--
eljest - street unicyclist

uni-one

eljest's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8460

Where I live in southern Sweden there is no snow. Can't say I envy you
up there.

Unfortunately the movie did not play well on Windows Media Player 9 for
Mac osX. It was more like looking at a long series of stills. From what
I saw it looked nice ... and cold. I am sure you can come up with some
really crazy snow stunts for the next version (ju tokigare desto
bättre!)

The movie will probably not change how cineasts view Sweden - mr Ingmar
Bergman can rest assured. But while thinking of IB I realise that 'his'
small stony island Fårö with its 'rauks' (from abrasion shaped stone
formations) would be a terrific setting for a trials movie.

If anyone want to send a film crew over here I can perhaps be persuaded
to take a week off and act as a guide. But not until summer!

Here are some rauks:

| Attachment filename: rauks.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/259991|

goldenchicken - .
goldenchicken's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8149

if you guys could get some lights out there, snow is reflective so you
wouldn't need *that* much to brighten the shots a bit. In iowa we
currently have no snow, but we usually have some and we like to do steep
downhill runs through fresh snow. You can usually go okay(downhill at
least) until the snow gets deeper than 5 inches. on flat if its deeper
than 3 or so you can start having problems depending on what tire(we all
the 3 inchers) andwhat type of snow.

for slipping on pedals, try wearing really gripy shoes. I know its snowy
and cold, but wear two pair of wool socks or something under. When i
snow muni i wear my normal shoes and wool socks. some guys have tried
boots and warmer shoes to help their feet stay warm but they lose all
grip on the pedals. keep up the good work.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Yeah, maybe it will work. Or u can try use good pedals. Like Crupi,
Mini-Round, they are really good. But they cost. Nice, yeah wool socks
really help alot. I think boots and other "big" shoes is really clumsy
but warm.. It's a matter of taste what you wear.

Simon

--
eljest - street unicyclist

uni-one

eljest's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8460

I really enjoyed it. So is the final movie going to be downloadable?
If so, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

we're shooting for the new video right now. And yeah it will be
downloadable. I'll email you or something when it's finshed.

And we got better lighting now in this new video!

Simon

--
eljest - street trial unicyclist

that was pretty much my first unicycle spin

eljest's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8460