uni ropeswinging?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by onewheelisbetter, Feb 6, 2006.

  1. does anyone have comments unicycling into rope and swinging off the
    unicycle?
    or off a ramp into rope?
    or into rope and swing out and let go to fall into lake
    or having someone hold a giraffe uni swinging onto it
    or swinging off a uni and on the swing back going onto giraffe
    just some random suggestions u can do with a rope and a uni
    and who might have already done some that has tips
    thnx

    --
    onewheelisbetter
    onewheelisbetter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11411

  2. musketman

    musketman Guest

    i have done this many times!! I have a "tree house" behind by house with
    a rop swing. I ride alond and grab the rope with my 2 hands and sqeeze
    the uni with my knees/legs. The hard part is swinging back and keeping
    on riding.

    I think it would be close to immposible to swing on the rope and let go
    when you get to the end of the rope and drop of the end and ride. i
    oculd be wrong about this but it is really hard.

    Maybe ill put me doing that in a vid when i get my camera.

    --
    musketman
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

  3. thats sweet
    do u just ride into the rope hanging down or is it swinging toward u
    when u start?
    i have a big rope swing in my backyard but i cant try it right now
    because theres a ton of snow
    we also have a tramp and i wanna try doin some stuff on that too

    --
    onewheelisbetter
    onewheelisbetter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11411

  4. musketman

    musketman Guest

    onewheelisbetter wrote:
    > thats sweet
    > do u just ride into the rope hanging down or is it swinging toward u
    > when u start?
    > i have a big rope swing in my backyard but i cant try it right now
    > because theres a ton of snow
    > we also have a tramp and i wanna try doin some stuff on that too

    i just ride into the rope and hang on! when i make a vid i will put
    that in there.

    --
    musketman
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

  5. I would love to do some tricks on a tramp I wonder if he would just lie
    there and take it or would he get up and protest about being ridden on
    by some punk on one wheel.
    Man that would make a good vid

    --
    polyphonic Hippie
    polyphonic Hippie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11609

  6. maestro8

    maestro8 Guest

    I was doing some trials near a swing set when I discovered the
    cross-over move between uni and swinging. I rode backwards into the
    swing and landed in the swing's seat, feet still on the pedals and butt
    still on the uni seat. Riding backwards into the swing moved it back
    such that when I lifted the wheel off the ground, I began to swing, uni
    and all.

    Getting off the swing, well, that's a different story :p

    --
    maestro8

    Groucho Marx

  7. haha
    did u try it on purpose or was it an accident?

    i should try riding into a swing and jumping off the uni onto the
    swing, but it probably wouldnt work cuz all my momentum would be down
    and not forward.

    --
    onewheelisbetter
    onewheelisbetter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11411

  8. GILD

    GILD Guest

    Follow 'this link' (http://tinyurl.com/7wmzo) to Brian MacKenzie's post
    about the making of his Unimovie which featured a rope-swinging mount
    of a 36" Ultimate Wheel.

    The link in his sig will take you to the movie site and a downloadable
    trailer.

    --
    GILD

    'three short gs and a long e-flatâ„¢'
    (http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'world jump
    day' (http://www.worldjumpday.org/)
    'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
    (http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)