Uni wheel as an ultimate wheel?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by iridemymuni, Apr 24, 2006.

  1. iridemymuni

    iridemymuni Guest

    hey guys, is it possible to take the wheel off a unicycle and ride that
    around as an ultiamte wheel? is it ridable? has anybody tried this?

    --
    iridemymuni

    In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, in
    practice, there is.
    iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

  2. jake_amos

    jake_amos Guest

    iridemymuni wrote:
    > hey guys, is it possible to take the wheel off a unicycle and ride that
    > around as an ultiamte wheel? is it ridable? has anybody tried this?

    i havent done it but i have seen it done ppl just detach the frame and
    put wood over the spokes (dunno y)
    but i have seen it

    --
    jake_amos

    i am the eggman

    [email protected] add me
    jake_amos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11587

  3. edsbelly

    edsbelly Guest

  4. TonyMelton

    TonyMelton Guest

    Yes it is possible, but it is much, much harder to learn to ride than a
    purpose built ultimate wheel. A circus friend of mine learnt in this
    way and it took him months to get it. He was astonished when I told him
    I learnt to ride on a purpose UW in 2 or 3 hours. The reason its harder
    is that the pedals are further out from the plane the of the wheel,
    compared to a real UW which has its pedals screwed into the plane of
    the wheel.

    --
    TonyMelton

    The way to a man's heart is through his veins.
    TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118