Unibiker rememberance plaque.

abbabibble

Guest
I didn't know Jeff Baker aka Unibiker. I never got the opportunity to
talk with him of chat with him ever. But what i do know about him is
that he really enjoyed unicycling. From what i have read about him, he
was an extremely nice fellow. As i posted in honor of his birthday, he
was indirectly responsible for the creation of one of my contraptions,
the SMD. I wish to remeber him for what he did for our community.

So i have looked through the internet to create an award plaque in his
honor. There are quite a few different ones i have been looking at, and
all are equally brilliant.

I was thinking of 'this one' (http://tinyurl.com/8dyv2), because one
can put in the now-famous unibiker riding his creation photo, or
another.

It would be passed around or just given to his family.

It would be really nice if we could put a collaborative message on
there from the entire unicycling community.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.
'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
"Water. Duck's back. Yeah." -- GILD
Habbywall, that-a-way ------------------->':cool:'
(http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
----------->X
"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

It'd be real nice if we got a real big one and had everyone contribute
one thing to it, but that'd take up a whole wall if not five...

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.
'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
"Water. Duck's back. Yeah." -- GILD
Habbywall, that-a-way ------------------->':cool:'
(http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
----------->X
"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

i think a letter or email with one nice thing that each person wanted on
it would be better.

Im not sure id want a im sorry your son is dead plaque in my house.

But we could make like a email thing

--
unicyclistben

http://willowglenbicycles.com/site/intro.cfm
Proud owner of posts 37000 and 38000 in MR
UNBAN BEN_UNRUH
myspace.com/ben_unruh
unicyclistben's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10897

I was thinking it could be passed around kind of thing... you know, like
an award for the most eninuative (sp?) unicyclist, and it'd get one
name carved on each year and get passed around.

--

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:50:34 -0600, abbabibble wrote:

>So i have looked through the internet to create an award plaque in his
>honor. (...)
>It would be really nice if we could put a collaborative message on
>there from the entire unicycling community.

Just so you know, when unibiker had just passed away (early 2005),
Catboy made a Memorial Video for unibiker, basically a compilation of
fragments that unicyclists sent him, with some editing. It came out
very nicely.

Read about it here: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37415

I think that better than just a remembrance plaque, you could have some
kind of remembrance award, which people do all the time. Maybe at
something like NAUCC or UNICON, as an award for the greatest innovation
in unicycling that year. Or greatest contribution to unicycling, or
greatest contribution to the community, or something. Or a kind of
category (Nobel Prize-style) system, wouldn't need much, just a
decision on who wins what award in each category (most innovative new
skill, greatest technical improvement, most adventurous, etc), and a
certificate of some form. Just keeps his memory alive in the best way
IMHO.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
Floyd
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Loosemoose wrote:
> I think that better than just a remembrance plaque, you could have some
> kind of remembrance award, which people do all the time. Maybe at
> something like NAUCC or UNICON, as an award for the greatest innovation
> in unicycling that year. Or greatest contribution to unicycling, or
> greatest contribution to the community, or something. Or a kind of
> category (Nobel Prize-style) system, wouldn't need much, just a
> decision on who wins what award in each category (most innovative new
> skill, greatest technical improvement, most adventurous, etc), and a
> certificate of some form. Just keeps his memory alive in the best way
> IMHO.
>
> Loose.

that's exactly what i was thinking, except in plaque form... you know
the one with a million little tags for peoples names to be engraved on?

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Matt.
'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
"Water. Duck's back. Yeah." -- GILD
Habbywall, that-a-way ------------------->':cool:'
(http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
----------->X
"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

It has been requested by friends of the family to ask that the memorial
plaque project for UniBiker be abandoned. The reason is that it will
bring up unnecessary ill feelings at the wrong time. I'm sure that the
intentions behind the memorial are sincere but we should honor their
request.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*