Unibiker rememberance plaque.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by abbabibble, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    I didn't know Jeff Baker aka Unibiker. I never got the opportunity to
    talk with him of chat with him ever. But what i do know about him is
    that he really enjoyed unicycling. From what i have read about him, he
    was an extremely nice fellow. As i posted in honor of his birthday, he
    was indirectly responsible for the creation of one of my contraptions,
    the SMD. I wish to remeber him for what he did for our community.

    So i have looked through the internet to create an award plaque in his
    honor. There are quite a few different ones i have been looking at, and
    all are equally brilliant.

    I was thinking of 'this one' (http://tinyurl.com/8dyv2), because one
    can put in the now-famous unibiker riding his creation photo, or
    another.

    It would be passed around or just given to his family.

    It would be really nice if we could put a collaborative message on
    there from the entire unicycling community.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.
    'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
    ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    "Water. Duck's back. Yeah." -- GILD
    Habbywall, that-a-way ------------------->':cool:'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
    ----------->X
    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  2. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

  3. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    It'd be real nice if we got a real big one and had everyone contribute
    one thing to it, but that'd take up a whole wall if not five...

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.
    'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
    ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    "Water. Duck's back. Yeah." -- GILD
    Habbywall, that-a-way ------------------->':cool:'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
    ----------->X
    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  4. i think a letter or email with one nice thing that each person wanted on
    it would be better.

    Im not sure id want a im sorry your son is dead plaque in my house.

    But we could make like a email thing

    --
    unicyclistben

    http://willowglenbicycles.com/site/intro.cfm
    Proud owner of posts 37000 and 38000 in MR
    UNBAN BEN_UNRUH
    myspace.com/ben_unruh
    unicyclistben's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10897

  5. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    I was thinking it could be passed around kind of thing... you know, like
    an award for the most eninuative (sp?) unicyclist, and it'd get one
    name carved on each year and get passed around.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.
    'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
    ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    "Water. Duck's back. Yeah." -- GILD
    Habbywall, that-a-way ------------------->':cool:'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
    ----------->X
    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  6. dan de man

    dan de man Guest

  7. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:50:34 -0600, abbabibble wrote:

    >So i have looked through the internet to create an award plaque in his
    >honor. (...)
    >It would be really nice if we could put a collaborative message on
    >there from the entire unicycling community.

    Just so you know, when unibiker had just passed away (early 2005),
    Catboy made a Memorial Video for unibiker, basically a compilation of
    fragments that unicyclists sent him, with some editing. It came out
    very nicely.

    Read about it here: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37415

  8. Loosemoose

    Loosemoose Guest

    I think that better than just a remembrance plaque, you could have some
    kind of remembrance award, which people do all the time. Maybe at
    something like NAUCC or UNICON, as an award for the greatest innovation
    in unicycling that year. Or greatest contribution to unicycling, or
    greatest contribution to the community, or something. Or a kind of
    category (Nobel Prize-style) system, wouldn't need much, just a
    decision on who wins what award in each category (most innovative new
    skill, greatest technical improvement, most adventurous, etc), and a
    certificate of some form. Just keeps his memory alive in the best way
    IMHO.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose

    "Come on you target for far away laughter,
    come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
    Floyd
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

  9. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    Loosemoose wrote:
    > I think that better than just a remembrance plaque, you could have some
    > kind of remembrance award, which people do all the time. Maybe at
    > something like NAUCC or UNICON, as an award for the greatest innovation
    > in unicycling that year. Or greatest contribution to unicycling, or
    > greatest contribution to the community, or something. Or a kind of
    > category (Nobel Prize-style) system, wouldn't need much, just a
    > decision on who wins what award in each category (most innovative new
    > skill, greatest technical improvement, most adventurous, etc), and a
    > certificate of some form. Just keeps his memory alive in the best way
    > IMHO.
    >
    > Loose.

    that's exactly what i was thinking, except in plaque form... you know
    the one with a million little tags for peoples names to be engraved on?

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.
    'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
    ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    "Water. Duck's back. Yeah." -- GILD
    Habbywall, that-a-way ------------------->':cool:'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
    ----------->X
    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  10. harper

    harper Guest

    It has been requested by friends of the family to ask that the memorial
    plaque project for UniBiker be abandoned. The reason is that it will
    bring up unnecessary ill feelings at the wrong time. I'm sure that the
    intentions behind the memorial are sincere but we should honor their
    request.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*