unicycle = chick magnet

jagur wrote:
> *its some weird version of Freebird *
Must be a different video then, or at least a different
soundtrack. Sorry about that, I couldn't be bothered
downloading it. I don't think it was Pete's unicycle that
magnetised that woman, I think he put metal objects in her
handbag and switched on an electromagnet.

--
Rowan - _________
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

ok so its not Freebyrd but at least i got the artist
right...i never listen to very much Lynard Skynard but the
guitar solo in that song sounds just like the solo in
Freebyrd..almost like an epiloge to that album,maybe?

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-Forget_Your_Life-

here are my observations on people's reactions

Girls If they are young they usually seem intrigued but
at the same time often try to avoid getting anywhere near
the unicycle (especially when hopping on something high)
to avoid any chance of accident. sometimes will stop and
watch but usually keep walking, depending on the girl. If
older usually makes some comment about dedication or
great balance.

Boys If young and in a group, will usually make some
smartass statement or pretend to to try to knock rider over.
if alone, usually comments on some sweet trick i just did.
if older, usually stares but says nothing. Also, sometimes
if a boy is around people he doesnt know, he will pretend to
know me to show off to others. its usually someone i have
seen in one of my classes but he will come up and talk to me
a lot and pretend like we are chums.

Children Usually scream and yelp and ask parents why the
b*ke is broken.

these are generalizations but fairly accurate in my
experience. my most positive responses are from girls but my
most astonished glances come from guys.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

I find peaceful drunk ppl love the unicycle, they're usually full of
compliments, handshakes and hugs. I'm not really a big performer and
usually avoid the crowds but I'm a sucker for encouraging chicks... did
you hear the comment on the video? "I'm totally in awe of everything you
do" :) She was cool, pretty old (for me) too... must've been late 20s.

I haven't had anything close to a bad comment about uniing
down here in Wellington. When I was on holiday up north it
was mainly all good too except for a council guy threating
to fine me $500 (no bikes allowed on that path!) and some
w*nker calling me a carney...

I don't know if I can go as far as generalising that ppl in
Wellington are different to up round Tauranga but it does
seem to be all about fast cars and sunglasses up there where
as in Wellington it seems a bit more artsy alternative.

Pete

--
pete66 - Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

pete66 wrote:
> *I haven't had anything close to a bad comment about
> uniing down here in Wellington. When I was on holiday up
> north it was mainly all good too except for a council guy
> threating to fine me $500 (no bikes allowed on that path!)
> and some w*nker calling me a carney...
>
> I don't know if I can go as far as generalising that ppl
> in Wellington are different to up round Tauranga but it
> does seem to be all about fast cars and sunglasses up
> there where as in Wellington it seems a bit more artsy
> alternative.*
I found that people in Wellington seemed a bit more cold and
unfriendly than the folks from Taranaki. I thought it must
be a big town thing, but maybe it was my appearance that
deterred them from talking to me. I tried to greet people
several times while we were riding downtown in Wellington,
and most of the people just ignored me and walked past,
avoiding eye contact. Back home heaps of people stop and
talk and make comments. I guess if I spent more time in
Wellington more people would have chatted with me.> -
Originally posted by Klaas Bil-
> *I think the correct spelling is Lynyrd Skynyrd.*
You're right, I had a look on google and there are heaps
more websites with the correct spelling. It was my fault for
spelling it wrong and I was fooled by the many incorrect
websites. 'This website'
(http://www.sidefxclassicrock.com/songs/ls_tg.htm) has
pretty terrible spelling - up the top it says Lydard
Skynard. You can't always trust the internet to be right!