Unicycle for Atheists/agnostics

terrybigwheel

Guest
Just thought it fair to give the other side a shot, if any.:D To me,
whether you're religeous or otherwise, it should be kept personal; but
since so many people seem willing to share their beliefs and/or
opinions, go for it!

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

zaro wrote:
> Unicycle for food... or money...

Howabout just Unicycle for F U N ! :D :cool: :) :p ;)

--

Erant wrote:
> I join! Do we get to do our non-religious rituals? Like, calculating pi
> to the tenthousand digits?

That's offensive! I -religiously- memorized the first 250 digits of pi
years ago. Digits of pi are a path to enlightenment. :D

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

zaro wrote:
> that wouldn't look so cool written in a paperbox held by a bump.
>
> hehehehe.

You'll have to explain that one!:confused:

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

I knew this thread was coming. RSU, meet JC. JC, meet RSU. One big,
happy, combined forum -- no need to -divide- ourselves into serious
unicycling discussion (RSU)... and everything else (JC).

We've been having fun debating religion for a -long-, long time in JC.
Where have you all been? Why do you have to pollute RSU with it? Wait
until Greg sees THIS thread. He wanted the other one moved. He's
gonna throw THIS one right in the trash.

--
uni57

-\"what's a troll?\"- - billythemountain
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

The problem with the first "unicycle for christ" post was that it
specifically excluded anyone that's not a christian and asked all that
were not to not even post. It makes sense that if you take an already
small group of people (unicyclists) and then fracture them into one
group (christians) that the other group (everyone else) will want to
form some manner of grouping as well.

While I'm not going to argue the merits and pertinence of this thread,
the reason it was created was obvious.

Personally, I don't believe in a god, any powerful entity or other
degree of all-knowing force. I believe when I die, I die and that's it.
But - I also believe it doesn't matter. Why - because we're here
because we're all unicyclists. We're here to talk about our one-wheeled
adventures and help each other out. I don't care if someone's a
christian, muslim, jew or any other religion. It's simply not important
when it comes to the topic of unicycling.

While I understand that some people believe that their religion
transcends all aspects of their lives, it doesn't mean that they can't
talk about unicycling without talking about religion and it also
doesn't mean that people need to point out that "I don't believe in
your religion and religion is foolish" or any of the other unnecessary
comments some of the non-religious have made.

While I enjoy rational, critical and open discussion on all topics,
this one is unfortunately not one that everyone seems to be able to
have here. Either some people are too crass or other people may be too
sensitive - it's just a touchy topic and someone's going to get
offended one way or another.

I'd like nothing more than to see an indefinite moratorium on religious
debates in JC or RSU. For a number of reasons (which both sides of the
isle contribute to), I just don't see it offering much pertinent
unicycling substance to these forums.

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

bmemike wrote:
> The problem with the first "unicycle for christ" post was that it
> specifically excluded anyone that's not a christian and asked all that
> were not to not even post.

This is probably because the thread starter was aware of the types of
intentions were hostile. Why would an atheist care to join a Christian
organization for unicyclists? Why should an atheist post to such a
thread? If you're a freestylist with no interest in long distance
riding, why would you bother to post in a thread about Cokers?

--

forrestunifreak wrote:
> Unlike the unicycle for christ thread, THIS thread really has nothing to
> do with unicycling...

Funny, that is EXACTLY what I think of the "Unicycle for christ" post!!
IMO, neither has much to do with "unicycling" as a sport, or hobby. If
you haven't already guessed, this was not meant to be taken seriolsly.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Yeah, somebody PLEASE move this and the U for C threads over to JC.
Just cuz you mention the world unicycle in a thread doesn't mean it's
got anything to do with RECREATIONAL AND SPORT UNICYCLING.

EX: "I was struck by the beauty of diving off the reef. The colorful
fish, the eel in the coral, the sea horse, looking so much like a clown
on a unicycle..."

It'd be a real stretch to say that a thread like that would belong in
RSU.

I'd rather see 1000 "Which unicycle should I buy?" threads than either
of these religious (or non-religious) threads here on RSU. Off to JC,
I say!!

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

terrybigwheel wrote:
> Funny, that is EXACTLY what I think of the "Unicycle for christ" post!!
> IMO, neither has much to do with "unicycling" as a sport, or hobby. If
> you haven't already guessed, this was not meant to be taken seriolsly.

Unfortunately Terry, being flippant about being an atheist, or a
christian just doesnt seem too funny?:confused:

--
red_rider

ONE DAY AT A TIME!:cool:
red_rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11841

I unicycle for the all knowing suprabalunicunipotiousalisticanialinine

underdog wrote:
> I'd rather see 1000 "Which unicycle should I buy?" threads than either
> of these religious (or non-religious) threads here on RSU. Off to JC,
> I say!!

I totaly agree, at least with those posts it is generaly people who are
new and don't know any better, but I would imagine that whoever posted
these two topics knew very well that these should be in just convo, or
at least they should.

--
ntappin