Unicycle Reporters wanted !

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by olarf, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. olarf

    olarf Guest

    Maybe you still see the news about unicycle.tv here in the Board.
    To make the Live Stream of Unicon 13 as attractive as possible, we are
    looking for some sport reporters with a high skill in the international
    unicycling szene.
    We would like to stream the sound in german and english and so we need
    a lot of Reporters for comments, interviews and Information.
    Our intention is that also "non unicyclists" could watch it and could
    understand whats going on there on the screen with all that people on
    broken bikes :)
    If you could imagine to do that Job well, please contact us under
    [email protected]

    --
    olarf

    working on the real unicycle :)
    olarf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10588

  2. olarf

    olarf Guest

    Hey Folks,

    we are not kidding you. We want you.
    If some of you try to send us an Email, it maybe failed caused on some
    problems with the mail server. Please leave a note here in the Board
    again.

    Be a part of Unicon 13 and explain the world why unicycling is the best
    !

    --
    olarf

    visit 'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)
    olarf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10588

  3. podzol

    podzol Guest

    Hi! It sounds interesting. You may get more response if you can give a
    few more details like:

    Does the person have to be bilingual?
    Does it pay?
    will transportation costs be covered?
    Do you want broadcasting experience or just a unicyclist that knows
    his/her stuff and can talk a good game?

    THanks!

    --
    podzol

    THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
    Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
    Seeking riders and support.
    *http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
    podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

  4. olarf

    olarf Guest

    Hi podzol, thanks for your reply and your tips so I will told some more
    about it.

    The person don't have to be bilingual. I think we would be able to
    communicate in English and we want to stream the comments in German and
    in English at the same time. So it will be OK if you only speak English
    !

    I think that we couldn't pay for it some money cause it is a non
    commercial project. If we all do well and it will be a big success
    there will be a little money in the end but it is not sure now. But
    accommodation should be paid completely by Unicon so you don't have to
    spend some money.

    I don't think that we could cover the transportation cost, We hope for
    people from the US / Australia / Asia or where ever that plan to come
    to the Unicon anyway. They could also be a part of the Unicon, no one
    will be a part of all types of riding and so there will be some time.

    We would like to broadcast in normal words to make it understandable to
    all people who are interested in. Depending on who is joining us we
    could also think about one "Expert Round" each day as a special Part of
    it.

    There is still no fixed concept and the Commentators should be
    integrated in making the Concept.
    I think we should bring a new style of Sports Entertainment and set a
    sign to the World that Unicycling is an very exciting Sport.

    Feel free to ask for more Details !

    A happy new year to all of you !!!

    --
    olarf

    visit 'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)
    olarf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10588

  5. leo

    leo Guest

    olarf wrote:
    > some problems with the mail server.

    CNAME's causes DNS polution.
    Just don't use it, give clue, especially not at the top of your domain.

    --
    leo

    leo vandewoestijne
    *'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
    'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

    'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
    'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
    leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

  6. olarf

    olarf Guest

  7. olarf

    olarf Guest

    We could fix the email probs. Thx to Leo !
    Now its on you !!!
    Is there really no one interested in or able to do it ?
    I can't believe it :)
    It would be very boring for the people to look for example the races
    without any comment.
    They need some competent words from YOU for sure !

    --
    olarf

    visit 'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)
    olarf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10588

  8. GILD

    GILD Guest

    I would absolutely love to get involved in this project as it is what I
    do for a living, only better.
    Unfortunately I will be unable to attend Unicon 13.
    If you want reports from Johannesburg, South Africa about how badly I
    wish I was there, let me know. I'll be happy to oblige.

    --
    GILD

    'three short gs and a long e-flatâ„¢'
    (http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
    (http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
    _if_i'm_murdered,_don't_execute_my_killer._
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

  9. leo

    leo Guest

    GILD wrote:
    > I would absolutely love to get involved in this project as it is what I
    > do for a living, only better.
    > Unfortunately I will be unable to attend Unicon 13.
    > If you want reports from Johannesburg, South Africa about how badly I
    > wish I was there, let me know. I'll be happy to oblige.

    In that case I will give insight to unicycle.tv about the plans we
    talked about for unicyclist.org's:

    |Filename: uniconnews.jpg |

    leo

    leo vandewoestijne
    *'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
    'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

    'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm) to
    'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
    leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

  10. olarf

    olarf Guest

    @ GILD & leo

    Thanks for involving us !
    I think that will bring us a big step closer to the target :)
    Looking forward to meet you Leo (sorry but South Africa is to far)

    By the way, there is a new movie on 'http://www.unicycle.tv'
    (http://www.einrad.tv/main-eg.htm) . It's Street and Trial but very
    funny and well done by Owen.

    And maybe there are still some invisible Reporters ???