unicycle shocks

Its -possible- but there would be no purpose. When you do drops and
stuff you stand up so if there were shocks in the frame it wouldnt make
much difference.

--
litldude2 - Spencer

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
________________
LitlDude2: you suck
Byrnetown: yea
________________
beware of the evan!

You could perhaps wire a big battery to it and maybe get a shock.

T.

--
DarkTom - presenting "The Squidgeon"

The doc says my collar-bone has healed ok but it still hurts when I do
trials.

-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth

\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

People have certainly put suspension seatposts on munis, which helps a
little. But the idea is to absorb shocks with your knees anyway, so this
doesn't help much with big impacts.

I'll bet it helps a lot with bumpiness, though.

--
vanman2004 - ...
vanman2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9184

Amazing! I must try to devise a technical question that doesn't get a
reference to "drops" within 3 posts.:rolleyes:

An important difference between a conventional unicycle and a
conventional bicycle is that any suspension movement on a unicycle will
alter the distance between the pedals and the seat.

As your legs are part of the "engine" of the unicycle, you need your
seat to be at the right height relative to the pedals, and at a constant
height!

On a bicycle, the more complex frame (designed to carry the training
wheel) allows suspension movement whilst the pedals and seat stay in the
same positions relative to each other.

Another problem with suspension on a unicycle would be the pogo stick
effect. Unless the damping rate was exactly right, you'd hit a bump and
a moment later you'd be fired skywards: newsworthy, but not efficient.

On th eflat, you need to put your weight on the seat and pedal smoothly.
On the rough, you should raise your weight above the seat, and rely on
the natural springiness of your legs to act as suspension. Your body
probably weighs 10 or more times as much as the unicycle.

With skill and timing, a lot can be achieved. I saw a street performer
the other day jump high and land barefoot on a bed of nails. As soon as
his feet hit the nails, his legs decelerated his weight at a constant
low rate, so that his feet were never pierced.

(He probably practised with one really big nail, then worked his way up
to doing a whole bed.)

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

And if you're really worried about looking stupid, you're already on a
unicycle

davis_e74 talking about helmets.

Mikefule wrote:
> *Amazing! I must try to devise a technical question that doesn't get
> a reference to "drops" within 3 posts.*

I will hereafter respond to each of your technical questions with "drop
it" immediately.

--
harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"Never ride backwards up a rocky mountain road because the things that
will trip you if you see them will also trip you if you don't. " -
munipsycho