UnicycleTips.com is active

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by teachndad, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. teachndad

    teachndad Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    UnicycleTips.com is now up and running. This was previously known as
    unicycle.2ya.com. It was developed by Peter van Boekhout (MUnimanPete)
    and Andrew Carter. Submissions from other riders have helped build this
    as a wonderful internet resource for the ever growing sport of
    unicycling.

    Cheers everyone!

    --
    teachndad

    Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
    (http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
    'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greater-Los-Angeles-Trails)
    'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
    teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

  2. redhead

    redhead Guest

  3. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  4. teachndad

    teachndad Guest

    The site hasn't changed. I bought the domain name and it is redirected
    to the site. UnicycleTips.com just seemed easier to remember and it's
    straight- forward. Typing in either address into your browser will
    work.

    --
    teachndad

    Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
    (http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
    'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greater-Los-Angeles-Trails)
    'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
    teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

  5. Great! Thanks again Rod.

    unijesse wrote:
    > does the origional site work or should i change my sig

    I reckon if you can be bothered to do so, you should change the
    signature to help spread the new name around rather than having half
    the people refer to it as unicycle.2ya.com and half as
    unicycletips.com. It's up to you of course.

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'unicycling tips and tutorials' (http://www.unicycle.2ya.com) |
    'my photos and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) |
    '\\"dancing about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)*

  6. munimanpete

    munimanpete Guest

  7. GILD

    GILD Guest

    I get thru to the right site.

    Cheers for making it happen Rod.

    --
    GILD

    'three short gs and a long e-flatâ„¢'
    (http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'world jump
    day' (http://www.worldjumpday.org/)
    'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
    (http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

  8. teachndad

    teachndad Guest

    GILD wrote:
    > I get thru to the right site.
    >
    > Cheers for making it happen Rod.

    This is rather puzzling. Peter emailed me yesterday saying that the
    direction didn't work. I thought maybe with time it would work. Hmmm.
    I also thought that it might be a geographic thing with the world
    servers, but GILD's post, I suppose eliminates that situation.

    Here is the link to unicycletips.com http://unicycletips.com Does it
    work?

    I just tried it by clicking on the above link, and it worked. Anyone
    else having problems getting through?

    I want to help Peter out. Of all the people on the planet, why is he
    the one whose link doesn't work? He built the site and should be able
    to get through.

    --

  9. teachndad wrote:
    > This is rather puzzling. Peter emailed me yesterday saying that the
    > direction didn't work. I thought maybe with time it would work. Hmmm.
    > I also thought that it might be a geographic thing with the world
    > servers, but GILD's post, I suppose eliminates that situation.
    >
    > Here is the link to unicycletips.com http://unicycletips.com Does it
    > work?
    >
    > I just tried it by clicking on the above link, and it worked. Anyone
    > else having problems getting through?
    >
    > .

    Seems to be working fine from Texas;)

    --
    Krashin'Kenny

    If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!
    Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

  10. Australia and New Zealand are pretty close and it works for me. That
    point may, however, be horribly irrelevant and ignorant. :)

    --

    *'www.unicycletips.com' (http://www.unicycletips.com) | 'my photos
    and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) | '\\"dancing
    about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)*

  11. thieum

    thieum Guest

  12. munimanpete

    munimanpete Guest

  13. thieum wrote:
    > now all it needs is a link to my website :D :eek:

    Peter, can we arrange that?

    --
    andrew_carter

    ...well that's what i think anyway.
    *'www.unicycletips.com' (http://www.unicycletips.com) | 'my photos
    and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) | '\\"dancing
    about architecture\\"'
    (http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)*

  14. munimanpete

    munimanpete Guest

  15. Gilby

    Gilby Guest

    munimanpete wrote:
    > Well it works for me today! So thats good, not sure why it didnt
    > yesterday but yeah its all good now! Thanks Rod.

    Since he visited it before it was set up correctly, his DNS cache had
    the old data. Root DNS is usually set to cache for a few days as it's
    rare that the nameserver is going to change. Nobody else had a problem
    as they didn't visit it until everything was correctly set up so no
    cache was used for the DNS.

    --
    Gilby
    Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1