unicycling in holland!!!

giocologgi

Guest
I've just come back at home from one of my best holidays....
I've been ten days in Holland, by unicycle, and I've met mr. Klaas Bil,
I've ridden with him and I've slept at his home!
I've put some pics in my gallery:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuv12

But let's start from the beginning...
Me and a friend of mine had decided to do a trip in Holland, by
unicycle, and one day I've checked unicyclist.com to find some hints.
There was already a thread about unicyling in holland, and
there I put my questions, and there everything begun....
Klaas answered me with personal message, and from that we've started to
speak about our idea.
After some emails, we went in Holland!
With us there were also 2 girls (they rode b*kes).
We did, by uni, Amsterdam-Haarlem, Haarlem-Leiden, Leiden-Den Haag, then
again Leiden-Zoetermeer, (this one with Klaas). Then we went to Gouda,
Utrecht, Amsterdam, but by b*ke and by train, cause my friend was
tired...
Everything has gone in the best way!
We rode more or less 15 km everyday, with big backpacks on our shoulders

On Wed, 12 May 2004 13:41:38 -0500, "giocologgi" wrote:

>I've just come back at home from one of my best holidays....

I've been waiting patiently till giocologgi would start this thread as
he said he would. It was a real good experience. Giocologgi and his
friends turned out to be very nice people and (the two males) good
unicyclists. Both also juggled very very well and taught Jorga and me
some nice tricks to try. We also enjoyed the authentic Italian meal
(maccheroni a la Genovese if I got that right) that they cooked for
all eight of us (the four of them and my family).

They did the whole trip on their 24" unicycles and two rented bikes
while I brought my 29er for the day we did together in the nicest
spring weather imaginable. But we switched unis a lot, I ended up
riding less than half the distance on my own uni.

Giocologgi and friends, you're always more than welcome to come back -
but you knew that.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the comfort of Savage unis

giocologgi wrote:
> *We rode 24" unicycle ... a nice person. *

All of that text was apparently added with the 'edit' button and it
didn't make it to the newsgroup. (I noticed only because I checked
unicyclists.com from work (broadband) to download the photos.) So, my
remark about the 24 vs 29 difference was covered by giocologgi without
me knowing it.

Unicyclists are the best! Meet them if you can!

Klaas Bil

--
Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

> I've been waiting patiently till giocologgi would start this thread as
> he said he would

Well, sorry for the delay, but I've waited a various things:
the print of the picture, then the scan of them (done by a friend of
mine), then he send them to me...

Again, thank you

--
giocologgi - TALK LESS RIDE MORE