unicycling shops please

juggling_unicyclist_joe

Guest
hi everyone

i am looking for specific unicycle shops as there is a extreme lack of
them in england. i know bike shops can fix up my uni but i would much
preffer it if a actual unicyclist hu new what they were doing was fixin
it.

i know of unicycle.uk.com thats where i gt most of my spares and uni's
from but its getting anoying with the postage and packing costs.

so if anyone living in the south of England knows of any good unicycle
shops please let me know.

thanks joe

--
juggling_unicyclist_joe
juggling_unicyclist_joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9599

-Unicycling shops???-

y'ravin a laaarf, n'cha? :p

--
s7ev0 - ************

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there
were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was
to blame but us. Remember accidents? ~ GILD
s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310

No, sorry, I don't know of any unicycling shops in the South.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard of any elsewhere in the world,
either. Other posters seem to refer to their local b*ke shop when
talking about repairs to wheels, etc.

--
s7ev0 - ************

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there
were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was
to blame but us. Remember accidents? ~ GILD
s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310

bedford unicycles might be the only unicycle shop around. and i'm lucky
it's located in toronto canada where i live!

but be an entrepreneur! if you think theres a market in your country,
open your own unicycle shop!! :)

--
lilfunky1 - Trials Wannabe

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
dream!"
~Bart Simpson

~lilfunky1
lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

Your best bet is a local bike shop with a real bike mechanic (not just
a teenager with 1 days training in assembleing bikes out of boxes. Most
things you might ask a bike shop to do on a uni are fairly standard
bike things, like replacing bearing or trueing wheels, if one shop
aren't interested leave them and see what another say. In Reading we
had a good realtionship with two bike shops, one fitted the brake to a
coker for me and the other did a bearing change on a pashley muni, in
each case I supplied the parts ( bearing from UDC) and their mechanic
had the tools and did the work.

Wher abouts ARE you in the south of England, some might be able to
recomend a bike shop.

SArah

--
sarah.miller - unicycist

South West Unicycle Meet
May 21st 2005. Ashburton, Devon, UK
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Pick what you believe is the best bike shop around, and stick with them,
talk with their mechs so they know what's different, like the importance
of a splined hub on a muni (Particularly if you broke the tapred hub ;))

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Not to solve your specific problem, which is to find a local place to
avoid shipping costs, but Bedford does repair work and upgrades, and 'so
do I' (http://www.livewireunicycles.com).

--
U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Unicycle.com in the UK do run stalls at all the main unicycle
conventions in the UK where you can buy almost any of their extensive
range of products.

They also attend most of the UniMeets in the UK where they can supply
you Unicycles or Parts (if you pre-order). They also conduct repairs
and maintenance at these events, normally for free.

The store also does repairs by mail order; we can arrange pick-up and
delivery back to your home. Although this is not cheap it does give you
a solution if you do not have any other.

I agree with Sarah though, if you can find a good local bike shop they
are a great resource. But here is my warning... double check their
work; it is so often we have to replace knackered cranks that bike shops
have fitted on the wrong side. It is just something that they don't
normally consider.

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist

++++++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
www.unicycle.uk.com
The UK's Unicycle Source
BUC12
22nd to 24th April 2005
http://www.unicycle.org.uk/buc
++++++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

juggling_unicyclist_joe wrote:
> *i am located in southampton, theres a few bike shops but not many
> good ones. *

I was about to recommend DM Unicycles in Christchurch - not too far from
you.

http://www.unicycle.co.uk/

But...........

"A message from Dave Mariner maker of DM unicycles.

It is an undoubted fact that all good things come to an end. Unicycle
production has been moving to the far east for a number of years. This
has been a good thing for unicyclists who have just started unicycling
and need a cheap unicycle. However the influx of imported unicycles has
made the production of unicycles in the UK uneconomic. Maybe someone
else can carry on where I am leaving off. More details on this will be
available on this site soon.

Thanks to all who have been my customers over the years."

Maybe he still has some stock left .......

I'm off to cry into my beer :¬(

Leo White

--
leow - Unicycling oldbie

TO I WHEEL - my favourite anagram
leow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/981

way to go s7ev0!!!!

im sittin here now laffing my ass off! give him some essex style
boyyeee!!!

im havin a larfff inn i????

lol!

--
BungleBanks - Wooden Chipmunk!

So many people ask me "if i can ride that thing?" and i say "no i just
push it round for fun!"
BungleBanks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5830

the best bike shops are the new bike shops that havnt beed around for
awhile. I say this becasue they are not as stuck up about everything so
they are more open to things. They also give you really good service
because thay are new

--
brockfisher05 - THE YAM FATHER

Also a member of the Vancouver unicycle group

ADD ME AT: [email protected]
brockfisher05's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363