unicyclists get more girls

Ian Smith

Guest
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7153584.stm

from teh article:
"He suggested men might respond aggressively because they see the
other unicycling man as a threat, attracting female attention away
from themselves.

"This would be particularly challenging for young males entering the
breeding market and thus it does not surprise me that their responses
were the more threatening."

More complete discussion:

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/335/7633/1320

I always assumed it was just my good looks - now it seems they were
only after my unicycle.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Ian Smith wrote:

> I always assumed it was just my good looks - now it seems they were
> only after my unicycle.

Hmmmm... one of my early meetings with Roos was when she spotted me on
my Muni riding along by the Tay and came and said hi...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

> Ian Smith wrote:
>
>> I always assumed it was just my good looks - now it seems they were
>> only after my unicycle.

> Hmmmm... one of my early meetings with Roos was when she spotted me on
> my Muni riding along by the Tay and came and said hi...
>
> Pete.

It wasn't your unicycle that did it - Roos is not daft - she recognised a
handsome devil when she saw one!

:)

Festive cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:

> It wasn't your unicycle that did it - Roos is not daft - she recognised
> a handsome devil when she saw one!

It would be churlish to argue with that sort of comment...

Happy Christmas, may Santa bring you new specs, etc. ;-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

> wafflycat wrote:
>
>> It wasn't your unicycle that did it - Roos is not daft - she recognised
>> a handsome devil when she saw one!

> It would be churlish to argue with that sort of comment...
>
> Happy Christmas, may Santa bring you new specs, etc. ;-)
>
> Pete.

Who said that?

:)

On 21/12/2007 15:09, Ian Smith said,

> I always assumed it was just my good looks - now it seems they were
> only after my unicycle.

A colleague bought a unicycle for a present, and it was delivered to work...

Well, I eventually managed to stay upright for, oh, about a second!!!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"Paul Boyd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 21/12/2007 15:09, Ian Smith said,
>
>> I always assumed it was just my good looks - now it seems they were only
>> after my unicycle.

> A colleague bought a unicycle for a present, and it was delivered to
> work...
>
> Well, I eventually managed to stay upright for, oh, about a second!!!

If I misconstrued that sentence, I could make it relate to the subject too
:)

cheers,
clive

On 21/12/2007 15:09, Ian Smith wrote:
> I always assumed it was just my good looks - now it seems they were
> only after my unicycle.

There's a short interview with the researcher 18 minutes into the
06:30-07:00 Listen Again for "Today", 21/12/07:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listenagain/ram/today1_20071221.ram>

--
Danny Colyer <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
"The plural of anecdote is not data" - Frank Kotsonis

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in news:5t24guF1bfiafU1
@mid.individual.net:

> Ian Smith wrote:
>
>> I always assumed it was just my good looks - now it seems they were
>> only after my unicycle.

> Hmmmm... one of my early meetings with Roos was when she spotted me on
> my Muni riding along by the Tay and came and said hi...

It was the bib-shorts you were wearing - not the unicycle. Silly!