Unimpressed with BionX

solarflare

Dec 21, 2012
I wasn't impressed with the BionX system I bought and I felt their customer service was rude and inefficient. Anyone here have experience with that company?

Great and innovative electronics coupled with lame lithium batteries. I suspect lithium batteries are unsuited for hot places such as Phoenix, or anywhere that has temps that get high in the summer. Here is a link to an article about a scientific study which correlates battery life with where one lives: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1077329_how-long-will-your-electric-car-battery-last-it-depends-where-you-live It talks of car batteries, but I suspect it all applies to any lithium battery. Also, it mentions the need for cooling systems in order for lithium batteries to reach their maximum lifespan. My BionX appeared to merely be wrapped in plastic. That was waterproof, which was good, but not so good for cooling, I suspect. My battery problem arose when Summer came. (And I don't even live in Phoenix.) If problems arise - you are looking at exorbitant shipping rates on the battery, as lithium is highly regulated and must be shipped a certain way. Perhaps its best to wait for the next generation of battery technology?