Unique ways of serving food

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mary, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Mary

    Mary Guest

    There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed
    over thirty years ago, and the owner closed the door, and it
    sat unused for that time. One of the owner's son decided to
    reopen it as an ice cream store since it had that nice
    marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those
    large jars of pickles on the counter. One day someone wanted
    a pickle to take with them, but the son did not have
    anything to put it in. Then he realized that he could use
    one of those disposable gloves to put it into. After that
    one of the ice cream stores specialties, so to speak, is a
    pickle-in-a-glove.

    Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep
    it clean).

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

  3. Mr. Wizard

    Mr. Wizard Guest

    "mary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed
    > over thirty
    years
    > ago, and the owner closed the door, and it sat unused for
    > that time. One
    of
    > the owner's son decided to reopen it as an ice cream store
    > since it had
    that
    > nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of
    > those large jars of pickles on the counter. One day
    > someone wanted a pickle to take with them, but the son did
    > not have anything to put it in. Then he realized
    that
    > he could use one of those disposable gloves to put it
    > into. After that one of the ice cream stores specialties,
    > so to speak, is a pickle-in-a-glove.
    >
    > Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep
    > it clean).
    >
    > Tom

    Occasionally, my Mom would serve my Dad his eggs by throwing
    the skillet at him.

  4. Kajikit

    Kajikit Guest

    mary had something important to tell us on Sun, 30 May 2004 21:23:14
    -0400:

    >There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed
    >over thirty years ago, and the owner closed the door, and
    >it sat unused for that time. One of the owner's son decided
    >to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had that nice
    >marble counter. It has been a success. He has one of those
    >large jars of pickles on the counter. One day someone
    >wanted a pickle to take with

    Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on
    EARTH would an icecream store have a jar of pickles on hand?
    For the convenience of all those pregnant ladies? (For that
    matter, why would anyone buy one?) lol
    --
    ~Karen AKA Kajikit Lover of shiny things...

    Made as of 25 May 2004 - 79 cards, 45 SB pages (plus 3 small
    giftbooks), 56 decos & more!

    Visit my webpage: http://www.kajikitscorner.com Allergyfree
    Eating Recipe Swap:
    Aussies Mailing List:

  5. Scott <[email protected]> wrote:
    >In article <[email protected]>,
    >"mary" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone have any other unusual ways of serving food. (Keep
    >> it clean).
    >
    ><http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3541615/>

    Naked Sushi has been around for several years, but was a
    very old concept long before someone tried to market it.

    Ever seen "Tampopo"?

    --Blair "Just thinking about
    the box sitting over by my
    DVD player makes me
    hungry..."

  6. Kajikit wrote:

    > mary had something important to tell us on Sun, 30 May
    > 2004 21:23:14 -0400:
    >
    > >There was a family pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA that closed
    > >over thirty years ago, and the owner closed the door, and
    > >it sat unused for that time. One of the owner's son
    > >decided to reopen it as an ice cream store since it had
    > >that nice marble counter. It has been a success. He has
    > >one of those large jars of pickles on the counter. One
    > >day someone wanted a pickle to take with
    >
    > Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on
    > EARTH would an icecream store have a jar of pickles on
    > hand? For the convenience of all those pregnant ladies?
    > (For that matter, why would anyone buy one?) lol

    My thoughts exactly. I don't mind an occasional kosher
    pickle spear with a Reuben or some other sandwich, but
    that's about it. I don't want no stinkin' pickles nowhere
    near my ice cream. :)

    > --
    > ~Karen AKA Kajikit Lover of shiny things...

    Are you part crow or packrat? :)

    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead
    already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,

  7. Jarkat2002

    Jarkat2002 Guest

    >Just a weird question that springs to mind here - why on
    >EARTH would an icecream store have a jar of pickles on
    >hand? For the convenience of all those pregnant ladies?
    >(For that matter, why would anyone buy one?) lol
    >--
    >~Karen AKA Kajikit

    I worked at an ice-cream shop all thru high school. We
    always had pickles. But, I'll admit .. I worked there 3
    years and I think the same pickles that were there when I
    started, were there when I left. If the place is still open
    (over 20 yrs later) I bet they would still have the same
    pickles lol

    ~Kat

    "The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets
    the cheese."