- May 14, 2007
Was doing a Photo shoot on South Beach in Miami yesterday.italiano said:Sure, not only Americans are fat. But, on average, Americans are one of the fattest nations for many own reasons. Interestingly, the phenomena is most noticeable in the South with Fatlanta leading the pack.
1. Higher cultural reliance on fast foods
2. Population dispersion. You have to drive almost everywhere if you live in suburbs
3. Higher disparity between haves and have-nots.. Low income layers are most obese.
4. Compared to Europe, poorly developed public transportation and bike/walk lanes.
5. American brand of individualism renders many health-oriented public actions ineffective.
No sign of obesity here, the guys, gals and touristas certainly has the most talent I have seen in ages. Maybe it is the nice weather, but I find Miami/S. Florida to have pretty fit and attractive folks.
Now, I was in Rome a few months ago, talk about fat women......