Unknown Injury in Right Small Toes

Tara Brown

Nov 6, 2013
I have had this problem with the toes on my right foot twitching whenever I go for walks, and I have been to a podiatrist who said that it was from some nerve that runs under my foot that starts in my leg, I think called a posterior tibial tendon. Anyway, those small toes twitch in a way that makes it next to impossible for me to pick up pace when walking, and it has been mentioned to me, "Tara, are you aware of how slow you are walking? Are you in pain?" The thing is, I'm not in pain until the twitching starts and I try to keep on keeping on with the walking. I usually have to slow down or stop entirely. This is a problem I have had for quite a few years, and I guess the reason I haven't gotten it treated yet or some type of surgery is because i figured it would go away on its own, but it hasn't. I am quite heavy, and need to lose a lot of weight. This has gotten me down, and I don't know what to do about it. I've done the stretches and trigger point massages for the peroneal nerve, or posterior tibial tendon, but the twitching remains, but due to a lack of belief that massaging it will work, i haven't remained consistent with it. I've given up, and now I can't walk at a slow-to medium pace (takes 2 minutes to walk down a short block) for more than 5 minutes without having the problem. Does anybody know what injury I might have? Has anybody has these symptoms?