[font=Arial][font=Arial]Having bitten the bullet and replaced my '70s road bike for a '05 LeMond, I was off on my first commute into [/font][font=Arial]London[/font][font=Arial] (A22/A23). Journey in was fine (getting used to the gears etc), journey home wasn't quite so good. Heavy downpour from Purley was OK, but the flat at the top of the north downs was a pain.[/font]
[font=Arial]Now the question, I've got Bontrager Duel Composite on at the moment and wondered whether I should consider changing them to something more puncture resilient and if so, what.[/font]
[font=Arial][font=Arial]Having bitten the bullet and replaced my '70s road bike for a '05 LeMond, I was off on my first commute into [/font][font=Arial]London[/font][font=Arial] (A22/A23). Journey in was fine (getting used to the gears etc), journey home wasn't quite so good. Heavy downpour from Purley was OK, but the flat at the top of the north downs was a pain.[/font]
[font=Arial]Now the question, I've got Bontrager Duel Composite on at the moment and wondered whether I should consider changing them to something more puncture resilient and if so, what.[/font]
[font=Arial]Suggestions please folks.[/font]
[/font]
Punctures always happen in the wet. How far is your ride? Some tires are very puncture proof but are heavier or have greater rolling resistance so that you have to work harder. A good trade-off on a short commute (mine is about 12 miles into London from the North) but if you are wanting to make good time over a longer ride then the lighter tires are probably a better bet. My Schwalbe Marathons (Plus and XR) have never punctured, but are heavier than the Hutchinsons I used before. Those ones rolled well and lasted about a year before starting to pick up punctures.