Unmotivated

news:eek:[email protected]...

> Rode home from work, had a hot bath and a beer. Now I'm supposed to go
> upstairs and make dinner. I'm unmotivated.

Pop open another beer and order a pizza.

Cheto

OK, never mind. I made a nice tofu and baby bok choy stir fry with organic
soba noodles. It's not exactly a traditional Shabbos dinner, but it was
fast.

Riding 25 miles a day makes dinner taste better, don't you think?

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

> Now I'm supposed to go
> upstairs and make dinner. I'm unmotivated.

I ate too much at the office Christmas party, rode home and showered.
My brother whom I haven't seen in five years flies in tomorrow for a
holiday visit. I'm supposed to clean the house. I'm unmotivated.

RFM

In article <[email protected]>,
"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> writes:
> OK, never mind. I made a nice tofu and baby bok choy stir fry with organic
> soba noodles. It's not exactly a traditional Shabbos dinner, but it was
> fast.
>
> Riding 25 miles a day makes dinner taste better, don't you think?

It sure does. I find what really unmotivates, is to prepare
an elaborate dinner, and halfway through the preps wonder,
How did I get into this?" And when it's finally all together,
I lose my appetite. Doesn't happen all the time; I just sometimes
lose interest halfway through the deal, and end up wishing I was
quickly searing a couple of lamb chops or something similarly
quick & easy.

I got some extra miles in yesterday too, since the day
before, my supervisor told me the wrong place to go to.
So I ended up doing cleanup under a bunch of high
scaffolding with bricklayers way up there, hucking stuff
down around me.

I think there's a gender diff thing, where we men simply
/must/ kick back awhile and unwind once we get home from
work, while women seem to be compelled to keep going.
Feminine energy (or power) is irrepressible.

Your stir fry sounds yummy. Just between you, me, and
everybody else here, I'm a black bean sauce addict.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

"Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I think there's a gender diff thing, where we men simply
> /must/ kick back awhile and unwind once we get home from
> work, while women seem to be compelled to keep going.
> Feminine energy (or power) is irrepressible.

I think it works differently -- if I don't immediately go into making dinner
when I get home, I'll never do anything again. That was my mistake --
started the hot bath, stripped off the bike clothes, and then requested a
boon from my husband in the form of a cold beer. There was a little quid pro
quo, but he got it for me. The problem was, once I was in this state of cold
turning hot and hot turning cold relaxation, it was very hard to hoist my
bulk anywhere to do anything productive.

Flipside, after dinner, at shabbat services, I sat there in a state of
placid relaxation. If I don't have sufficient exercise, I'll either feel
antsy or fall asleep at services, and then, I might just as well be at home.
(This goes back to the post I wrote about Emma not getting into trouble at
school if she rides there.) I wonder if this is a hidden reason why the
Orthodox are so big on walking to shul.

> Your stir fry sounds yummy. Just between you, me, and
> everybody else here, I'm a black bean sauce addict.

Yum, black bean sauce.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Rode home from work, had a hot bath and a beer. Now I'm supposed to go
> upstairs and make dinner. I'm unmotivated.
>

> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Claire Petersky

lessons in life #203: don't drink b4 cooking is done.

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

"Claire Petersky" wrote: (clip) There was a little quid pro quo (clip)
***********
Sounds yummy.

=v= Get a move on! Chop chop! No guts, no glory!
HTH,
<_Jym_>

In article <[email protected]>,
Jym Dyer <[email protected]> writes:

> =v= Get a move on! Chop chop! No guts, no glory!

Everybody's a boss ;-)
Or, from a construction labourer's perspective:
too many chiefs and not enough braves.

cheers,
Tom

--

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:46:40 +0100, Bert L.am wrote:

> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:eek:[email protected]...
>> Rode home from work, had a hot bath and a beer. Now I'm supposed to go
>> upstairs and make dinner. I'm unmotivated.
>>

>> --
>> Warm Regards,
>>
>> Claire Petersky

> lessons in life #203: don't drink b4 cooking is done.

better yet: don't tipple and type.

:D

In article <[email protected]>,
"Leo Lichtman" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Claire Petersky" wrote: (clip) There was a little quid pro quo (clip)
> ***********
> Sounds yummy.

Two kinds of quid, three kinds of mushrooms on
chow fun noodle is pretty good. Pass the black
bean sauce.

So's kalamari, if it's cut up properly. Pass the tzatziki.

But y'know, Cephalopoda are more intelligent, feeling critters
than we realize. So I have a conscience crisis about eating 'em.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

I ate too much at the office Christmas party, rode home and showered.
My brother whom I haven't seen in five years flies in tomorrow for a
holiday visit. I'm supposed to clean the house. I'm unmotivated.

RFM

Is there such a thing as too much holiday? Trying to get through the
craziness of Christmas each year is difficult, but this year my
daughter earned her Masters Degree and I am throwing a surprise party
TODAY. Her boyfriend was supposed to keep her away from the house, but
she came home and knocked over the Christmas tree with all her
packages. Last time that happened she was 3 years old. Needless to say
the tree now looks like ****. Along with that I had to go and give
birth to one of my children the day after Christmas 29 years ago and
that celebration has to be included in the holidays. I am sitting here
reading posts and I have 30 people coming over at 1:00. I am extremely
happy and proud of my daughter and I should not complain about all this
work......but damn I am tired. She is getting a bike for Christmas.
She wants to be my riding partner so I stay motivated. I am going to
let her pick it out. She'll probably want something obscenely
expensive. She has been riding my bike and does not think its a great
bike. Next week is my office Christmas party. It's at Sparks Steak
House in NYC. I am planning NOT to eat too much during these holidays
to keep my weight going in the right direction. I just wish I could get
outside more to ride. Now its going to snow. Thank goodness for Spin
Class. I hope everyone is having happy holidays. The exercise I am
doing this year has helped me manage these holidays a little better. I
feel the difference. I better get motivated. I have to make an
antipasto. Chop, Slice, Dice....With all the work, I know I am a very
lucky woman to have such a great family. I guess I am just a wee bit
tired.
Peace
>From the Diary of Maggie

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

12yo kids need to know how to cook, too.

My 11yo niece (my TAB girl, all graduated) makes food all the time.
Lots of praise for any effort expended. "These are Laura's cookies."
"We were thinking about getting Chinese but Laura made dinner."

HTH

--Karen M.
wishing my housemates would make dinner (however, I'm not found of
mouse morsels in catnip sauce)

On 19 Dec 2004 07:58:27 -0800, <[email protected]> wrote:

> I ate too much at the office Christmas party, rode home and showered.
> My brother whom I haven't seen in five years flies in tomorrow for a
> holiday visit. I'm supposed to clean the house. I'm unmotivated.
>
> RFM
>

> Is there such a thing as too much holiday? Trying to get through the
> craziness of Christmas each year is difficult, but this year my
> daughter earned her Masters Degree and I am throwing a surprise party
> TODAY.

A very good reason for a party.

Her boyfriend was supposed to keep her away from the house, but
> she came home and knocked over the Christmas tree with all her
> packages. Last time that happened she was 3 years old. Needless to say
> the tree now looks like ****. Along with that I had to go and give
> birth to one of my children the day after Christmas 29 years ago and
> that celebration has to be included in the holidays.

Yeah, I hear you there. My daughter turns 26 on January 4, so what do you
do?
My granddaughter (by 38 year old stepdaughter) turned 10 on December 13.
Busy with birthdays here too.

I am sitting here
> reading posts and I have 30 people coming over at 1:00.

I just hope you have a huge house for 30 people.

I am extremely
> happy and proud of my daughter and I should not complain about all this
> work......but damn I am tired. She is getting a bike for Christmas.

Good choice.

> She wants to be my riding partner so I stay motivated. I am going to
> let her pick it out. She'll probably want something obscenely
> expensive.

Maybe you got yourself in a corner on that move.

She has been riding my bike and does not think its a great
> bike. Next week is my office Christmas party. It's at Sparks Steak
> House in NYC. I am planning NOT to eat too much during these holidays
> to keep my weight going in the right direction.

Every time you think of food go for a short ride instead, or eat and
then take a ride. Works for me.

I just wish I could get
> outside more to ride. Now its going to snow.

Fun to ride in up to a point, (3"?).

Thank goodness for Spin
> Class.

Boring!

I hope everyone is having happy holidays. The exercise I am
> doing this year has helped me manage these holidays a little better. I
> feel the difference. I better get motivated.

Being in shape is always a good motivator, along with a good nights sleep.

I have to make an
> antipasto. Chop, Slice, Dice....With all the work, I know I am a very
> lucky woman to have such a great family. I guess I am just a wee bit
> tired.
> Peace
>> From the Diary of Maggie

> http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

Happy holidays to you, Maggie.
Bill

--
Bill (?) Ba__ka

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] writes in part:

> I have to make an
> antipasto.

Now, /that's/ motivation!

cheers,
Tom

--

Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
> Rode home from work, had a hot bath and a beer. Now I'm supposed to go
>upstairs and make dinner. I'm unmotivated.

It's not about the toaster-oven.

--Blair
"Gets me right here."

Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

> Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Rode home from work, had a hot bath and a beer. Now I'm supposed to go
>>upstairs and make dinner. I'm unmotivated.

> It's not about the toaster-oven.

i just grabbed the wrong bottle from the cupboard and doused my pasta with
single malt instead of olive oil.
--
david reuteler
[email protected]