Unstable rear Derailleur

venkie

Jun 28, 2005
I recently stripped my Scott bike and cleaned the bike but faced a major problem trying to fix the RD( rear Derailleur) back on the bicycle as it would not sit into the frame properly. more over the RD touches the rear crank which can be a major problem when cycling. can any one advice me what needs to be done in this regard and how to get this RD fixed finally. Ah one more think.. i think i forced the RD bolt into the wrong thread and have a problem now with unscrewing it out. please help anyone!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

venkie said:
I recently stripped my Scott bike and cleaned the bike but faced a major problem trying to fix the RD( rear Derailleur) back on the bicycle as it would not sit into the frame properly. more over the RD touches the rear crank which can be a major problem when cycling. can any one advice me what needs to be done in this regard and how to get this RD fixed finally. Ah one more think.. i think i forced the RD bolt into the wrong thread and have a problem now with unscrewing it out. please help anyone!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
seems like you should get a new one. if you forced it in the wrong hole the threads are going to be all messed up. rear crank? also known as the casette or free-wheel. it being in the wrong hole is most likely why its in that state. how could that have even happened? get a new one, or have a profesional look at it. I cant tell you much more without seeing it.