Unsung heroes

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:35:32 -0000, "Cliff"
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>Good to see cyclists being recognised.
>I know this guy, he is tireless in his cycling and charity fund raising.
>http://icteesside.icnetwork.co.uk/0...49399&method=full&siteid=50080-name_page.html
>Congratulations Peter.

And I've just been invited to the gala presentation for the "Pride of
Reading" awards, where my friend Bob has been shortlisted in the
"local Hero" category. I'm sure I've mentioned Bob before, he's a
blind tandemist who runs a bike repair and wheel building service, is
the chairman of Reading Talking Newspaper and also does "Dr. Bike"
sessions for Reading Cycle Campaign.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
>On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:35:32 -0000, "Cliff"
><[email protected]> said in
><[email protected]>:
>
>>Good to see cyclists being recognised.
>>I know this guy, he is tireless in his cycling and charity fund raising.
>>http://icteesside.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0001head/tm_objectid=1624939
>>9%26method=full%26siteid=50080-name_page.html
>>Congratulations Peter.

>And I've just been invited to the gala presentation for the "Pride of
>Reading" awards, where my friend Bob has been shortlisted in the
>"local Hero" category. I'm sure I've mentioned Bob before, he's a
>blind tandemist who runs a bike repair and wheel building service, is
>the chairman of Reading Talking Newspaper and also does "Dr. Bike"
>sessions for Reading Cycle Campaign.

He's an excellent chap, mechanic and pillar of the community - fingers
crossed for him!

--
Sue ];:))

I need a headset replacing...

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> And I've just been invited to the gala presentation for the "Pride of
> Reading" awards, where my friend Bob has been shortlisted in the
> "local Hero" category. I'm sure I've mentioned Bob before, he's a
> blind tandemist who runs a bike repair and wheel building service, is
> the chairman of Reading Talking Newspaper and also does "Dr. Bike"
> sessions for Reading Cycle Campaign.

You could offer to chauffeur him on a tandem, sans helmets of course if
Auntie Angie will be there.

...d

On 2 Nov 2005 15:36:36 -0800, "David Martin"
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>> And I've just been invited to the gala presentation for the "Pride of
>> Reading" awards, where my friend Bob has been shortlisted in the
>> "local Hero" category. I'm sure I've mentioned Bob before, he's a
>> blind tandemist who runs a bike repair and wheel building service, is
>> the chairman of Reading Talking Newspaper and also does "Dr. Bike"
>> sessions for Reading Cycle Campaign.

>You could offer to chauffeur him on a tandem, sans helmets of course if
>Auntie Angie will be there.

I'm sure she will be. Bob always wears a plastic hat, mind.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
>On 2 Nov 2005 15:36:36 -0800, "David Martin"
><[email protected]> said in
><[email protected]>:
>
>>> And I've just been invited to the gala presentation for the "Pride of
>>> Reading" awards, where my friend Bob has been shortlisted in the
>>> "local Hero" category. I'm sure I've mentioned Bob before, he's a
>>> blind tandemist who runs a bike repair and wheel building service, is
>>> the chairman of Reading Talking Newspaper and also does "Dr. Bike"
>>> sessions for Reading Cycle Campaign.

>>You could offer to chauffeur him on a tandem, sans helmets of course if
>>Auntie Angie will be there.

>I'm sure she will be. Bob always wears a plastic hat, mind.

That's because he can't see the low pub doorways!

When I had a go at tandem steering, I fell and went rolling across the
pavement. I got up and there was Bob, standing holding the bike,
waiting for me to sort myself out!

--
Sue ];:))