unviewable if not registered

moparchris

Apr 13, 2004
i dunno if this has been mentioned before butt...

i think the forums should be able to be viewd for the people who are unregistered, if they can see the forums beofre they register i think it will encourage peoiple joining and also can search engines find things on the forums if theyre setup the way they are, when i first found the site i wanted to view something on the forums but couldnt because i wasnt registered, this put me off a bit and i justabout didnt register because i couldnt see what the forums were like, only reason i did register was because i was really bored, if id been able to see the forums before i registered i wouldnt have hesitated to register :D

i dont think that the unregistered should be able to post though just they woul;d be able to see the quality of the forums before they register ;)

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by moparchris
i dunno if this has been mentioned before butt...

i think the forums should be able to be viewd for the people who are unregistered, if they can see the forums beofre they register i think it will encourage peoiple joining and also can search engines find things on the forums if theyre setup the way they are, when i first found the site i wanted to view something on the forums but couldnt because i wasnt registered, this put me off a bit and i justabout didnt register because i couldnt see what the forums were like, only reason i did register was because i was really bored, if id been able to see the forums before i registered i wouldnt have hesitated to register :D

i dont think that the unregistered should be able to post though just they woul;d be able to see the quality of the forums before they register ;)

Hi there

Users should be able to view everything when they arnt registered or logged in. Try logging out and going to this thread for example, you have to scroll abit because of a nag screen but apart from that it should be working.

Searching uses alot of CPU so i've set it so only registered users can do a search every 20-30 seconds.

cheers