up for new mtb shoes?

ridesaGT

Jun 5, 2005
hi,

have decided its time for a new pair of mtb riding shoes, not looking for high end race models but something middle of the road suitable for all round conditions, any thoughts?

I have the Shimano SH-M225 MTB shoes and I love them. I find them extremely comfortable and durable, with a very stiff sole. The only draback I'd say is they're a bit heavy, compared to the competition. They're probably a step above what you might call "middle of the road", as they're Shimano's highest offering for a MTB shoe. I'd recommend the Shimano SH-M180 ($140), which is very similar to the M225. I like having the ratchet buckle for the top strap. Other than Shimano, I'd say something from Sidi, like the Bullet Mesh, or the Dominator, if you can afford it.

specialized also makes mtb shoes, they might be worth checking out.
and check performancebike.com for shoes. sometimes you can find last year's sidi's for less!

ridesaGT said:
hi,

have decided its time for a new pair of mtb riding shoes, not looking for high end race models but something middle of the road suitable for all round conditions, any thoughts?
I just got some of last years Diadora Gekos. AWESOME shoe. The last and heel box is more like a running shoe, so theyre more comfy, and the sole is very stiff for power transfer. They lace up, then velco a lace cover over that, very secure shoe. the new years colors are a little bling bling, tho.