Up hill training

Originally Posted by alienator .

Are you talking about the girl in the picture with the nice box on the bike? I'd like to touche her with my tongue.
God I wish that was that Swedish Red head that we saw on a different topic.

Anyways, I just bought the Wahoo Speed Cadence Sensor so that I can try to get up the hills better, but I can tell you State of mind is everything. This for 2 days now there is a hill on my way to work that I usually go up at around 8 mph, but since I been saying i wanted to go faster up the hill and that hills are easy i was up to 12 mph +. But I rather have the Cadence sensor so that I can push myself by going 80 rpm and not 50 at a lower gear.

On the positive side I have gotten the hills that are on my way to and from work a lot better. I am able to stand on my peddles now instead of just sitting and grinding. So I think I am not only getting stronger but also getting comfortable with it all.

Originally Posted by Dave Pace .

What Cadence should I shoot for on going up hill? 90? im not worried about speed just yet, just getting up the hill in the most effective manner without dropping in to the lowest gear I have.
Try several cadences ranges, faster when for form and technique, slower when training for power but be careful not to do too much. Climb both standing or sitting, also alternating standing and sitting, stanidng in higher gear to gain speed, sitting in alower gear to maintain speed untill you slow a bit, then do "cycle" again etc ), all on different types and lengths of hills to find what works BEST for YOU in different situations