Update on CSV Club racing rules

warrwych

Jun 7, 2004
CSV has issued a new memo regarding changes to club racing. Things are looking a little better particularly for us metro challenged folk.

Basically you need an approval letter from your home club, a letter or "invite" from the host race club and a written exemption from CSV if you are a metro person. Otherwise you need an approval letter from your home club if you are a non-metro person and can race anywhere (so long as the host club is ok with you racing with them). All approval letters and exemption letters where applicable have to be submitted with race registration and these letters are forwarded onto CSV.

If you have an upgrade MTBA licence (or a Defence Forces club member) you are exempt from this admin paper trail.

At least its a more friendly policy than the previous one, even if still incredibly bureaucratic and time-consuming for all concerned. Easiest thing is to take out an MTBA licence and upgrade to a dual CA/MTBA licence!

forgot to add that it sounds like CSV is actively trying to "promote" racing within combines for metro riders, and that metro riders race within the confines of their particular combine group.

I'm new to cycle racing (road, MTB, what have you), but I was so surprised to hear about what road cyclists are up against if they want to participate in an event in a different part of town or the state from where their club is 'based'.

And here's me thinking - have race licence, entry fee, & bike, will race.

flyingdutch said:
do i have to wear clean jocks too?
i bet i do, gawdammit...

Jocks????...under your knicks????...no wonder you keep falling off!. The 'underwear nazi' will get you!

anyway, i see CSV have their awards dinner on 15th of July....."& the award for the stupidest, most convuluted piece of sporting legislation EVER, goes to........."

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:36:09 +1000, warrwych
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>forgot to add that it sounds like CSV is actively trying to "promote"
>racing within combines for metro riders, and that metro riders race
>within the confines of their particular combine group.

CSV have had a -lot- of err ... feedback on this decision.

The rules are still broken, and we're still campaigning to get
them made more reasonable.