General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Update on red onions on pizza

Started by Dee Randall · · Last activity · 1 post · 287 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
22 January 2006
Last activity
22 January 2006
Original author
Dee Randall
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
287
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. A few weeks ago I posted that the pizza I made that had onions on it, were
    too juicy. I got a lot of helpful suggestions.
    This time I sliced the onions as thin as I did before, but put them in the
    microwave to cook almost to al dente and let them sit a few minutes and
    squeezed the excess water out of them before putting them on the pizza. I
    did the same with the cut-up fresh red bell peppers.
    Another reason they may be so juicy is that they are a sweet red Peruvian
    onion, more similar to the Maui and Vidalia.

    For my pizza, I also tried the tip of seeding (or de-seeding) kalamatas
    with the back of a spoon or knife, rolling forward while pressing down.
    Sure beats cutting them out with a knife and sucking clean all the seeds
    because you can't let go to waste all that good stuff. I understand why
    chefs get so overweight.

    Thanks all,
    Dee Dee

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.