Update on Russell Pinder?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, May 4, 2003.

  1. How's he doing??? Thing's looking up post infection? Hope so. So Russ, if you do happen to peek in
    here - you aren't forgotten!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    > How's he doing??? Thing's looking up post infection? Hope so. So Russ, if
    you
    > do happen to peek in here - you aren't forgotten!

    Yes, still thinking of you Russ and wishing you all the best.

    Pete

  3. Damn! I just typed a long reply to you, went to check a date and it looks like I deleted the
    message. This means a lot when you type as badly as I do.

    Anyway. Sorry Helen. I don't check this group as often as I might and Russ isn't hooked up to the
    net again yet. But he will be and soon. (very soon I just heard - see below)

    He's much, much better. Technically he still has the infection but he doesn't feel ill any more. So
    they've give him his Physio back and he's back in wheelchair training. He's still not allowed to mix
    due to the infection (doesn't play well with others?). There's good and bad to that - big private
    room with his own gym kit - nobody to talk to, but nobody snoring.

    Some of Russ's ride buddies and mates have been sort of busy getting some fundraising under way.
    Russ is all for it. He wants the money to go to Air Ambulance (NAAAS). I've said this before but
    they're the reason Russ is in a wheelchair rather than a box. To that end there's an e-mail list
    where we're all trying to put it together and any help would be appreciated. If you subscribe you'll
    see why we need the help. There's also a web site http://www.russ-appeal.org.uk/. At the mo it's
    little more than a holding page but Marc's got it in hand (thanks Marc) and it already includes the
    details for subscribing to the list

    There's going to be a panic stricken summer for a few as we've fixed a date for a
    fundraising/riding/drinking/pushing Russ's wheelchair down unlikely hills - 17 Aug, unless it
    changes. Russ will be there if he has to push the wheelchair himself.

    And in the middle of the last para Russ rang. Checking up? "Shouldn't you be out riding?" (I went
    yesterday, honest) He seems a lot bouncier than he has been. "I had a couple of bad days but its
    better now". The hospital has a "can you manage" bungalow in the grounds. Patients and SOs can have
    their first go at independence there, knowing that there's the full support monty 50 yds away. Russ
    has booked in for a couple of days in a couple of weeks. That sounds like huge progress.

    He keeps saying that the care and concern shown by everybody is a real help. Cards, letters, e-mails
    are all appreciated. He's got a long, hill to climb with lots of technical sections and intervals of
    bad weather.

    Peter

    > How's he doing??? Thing's looking up post infection? Hope so. So Russ,
    if you
    > do happen to peek in here - you aren't forgotten!
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Clean up the waste & get rid of the trapped wind to send a reply
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

  5. >Damn! I just typed a long reply to you, went to check a date and it looks like I deleted the
    >message. This means a lot when you type as badly as I do.

    :)

    >Anyway. Sorry Helen. I don't check this group as often as I might and Russ isn't hooked up to the
    >net again yet. But he will be and soon. (very soon I just heard - see below)

    All updates are gratefully received. Just want Russ to know he isn't forgotten over here in the
    depths of u.r.c. :)

    > There's good and bad to that - big private room with his own gym kit - nobody to talk to, but
    > nobody snoring.

    The benefits (no snoring + gym) outweigh the disadvantages

    >Some of Russ's ride buddies and mates have been sort of busy getting some fundraising under way.
    >Russ is all for it. He wants the money to go to Air Ambulance (NAAAS). I've said this before but
    >they're the reason Russ is in a wheelchair rather than a box. To that end there's an e-mail list
    >where we're all trying to put it together and any help would be appreciated. If you subscribe
    >you'll see why we need the help. There's also a web site http://www.russ-appeal.org.uk/. At the mo
    >it's little more than a holding page but Marc's got it in hand (thanks Marc) and it already
    >includes the details for subscribing to the list

    Have surfed across, bookmarked it, and signed up for the email updates

    >There's going to be a panic stricken summer for a few as we've fixed a date for a
    >fundraising/riding/drinking/pushing Russ's wheelchair down unlikely hills - 17 Aug, unless it
    >changes. Russ will be there if he has to push the wheelchair himself.

    Will have to see what the diary holds for that day :)

    >And in the middle of the last para Russ rang. Checking up? "Shouldn't you be out riding?" (I went
    >yesterday, honest) He seems a lot bouncier than he has been. "I had a couple of bad days but its
    >better now". The hospital has a "can you manage" bungalow in the grounds. Patients and SOs can have
    >their first go at independence there, knowing that there's the full support monty 50 yds away. Russ
    >has booked in for a couple of days in a couple of weeks. That sounds like huge progress

    Truly I think that is amazing progress. I am in awe of that and I do not mean that in any
    patronising way, I am truly, truly impressed.

    >He keeps saying that the care and concern shown by everybody is a real help. Cards, letters,
    >e-mails are all appreciated. He's got a long, hill to climb with lots of technical sections and
    >intervals of bad weather.

    He'll make it. The going will be hard, but he'll do it.

    Thanks for the update Peter - I appreciate it - and let Russ know he's *amazing* Also - please let
    his wife know *she's* in my thoughts & prayers too

    Cheers, helen s