Updated layout

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Later today we will be changing to a slightly updated forum layout. It has been planned since July, but limited free time has been a problem.

As usual we welcome all feedback and will consider all suggestions.

regards

The font on the reply button seems a bit out of sync with the rest of the fonts used.

And the overall look is a bit "pale" particularly the separator bars.

Otherwise, it's seems ok - although I'm not an orange person, much prefer the aqua shades.

The pale yellow is a poor choice of color for the site. Why vBulletin thinks the washed out color scheme and acres of white is a good interface theme is beyond me.

bbattle said:
The pale yellow is a poor choice of color for the site. Why vBulletin thinks the washed out color scheme and acres of white is a good interface theme is beyond me.

Hi there, I appreciate the honest feedback :) What colour do you think we should replace the yellow with?

I think you are doing an amazing job with everything. I won't go to work (morning) or bed (night) without checking out all the threads :).

p.s.- The colors are nice and easy on the eyes.

-Greg

steve said:
Hi there, I appreciate the honest feedback :) What colour do you think we should replace the yellow with?

My first choice would be a dark black. Short of that, I think the colors in place now are just fine.

I stumbled on this thread while searching for a way to change the default layout. The orange font on white background is very hard to use. So is gray font on white. (I don't mind white background, but pls give us higher contrast and easy to read fonts.Think of users with poorer eyesight, some of us sitting a bit further from the monitor, and native LCD resolution can be pretty tiny, also affecting the quality of the font.

Ya, I'm a new user (to CF) but won't be on much unless I can figure out a way to get higher contrast, easier to read fonts.Use bold and larger font to get attention, regular font size for .... well regular stuff.