upgrade from shimano rsx to campy brakes?

stevek

Sep 27, 2003
I would like a little more power in my breaking being overweight I would like more . I have shimano rsx on my racing bike would I get a better feel with campy? wiould not buy new but soemthing used one bay or somewhere else.

Originally posted by stevek
I would like a little more power in my breaking being overweight I would like more . I have shimano rsx on my racing bike would I get a better feel with campy? wiould not buy new but soemthing used one bay or somewhere else.
What campy? Better pads might be a much more effective option.

Originally posted by boudreaux
What campy? Better pads might be a much more effective option.
I have coolstop salmon pads. I have heard pretty much everywhere they are the best.

just be aware that the campy and shimano brakes release differently so that you can get the wheel out

shimano have the little cam on the brakes themselves while campy have a button on the levers.

therefore campy brakes with shimano levers may mean getting the wheel off is a pain in the butt.

Originally posted by Duckwah
just be aware that the campy and shimano brakes release differently so that you can get the wheel out

shimano have the little cam on the brakes themselves while campy have a button on the levers.

therefore campy brakes with shimano levers may mean getting the wheel off is a pain in the butt.
Old campys have the QR on the caliper,but no one seems to have any gripe with current Ultegra dual pivots.

yeah one of my friends regularly locks up his ultegra brakes on fast descents and we have taken to calling him "Beloki" as he always gets the death wobbles and no one wants to have to go cross country to avoid him

anyway back to the topic....

I've ridden the current Campy record brakes (unfortunately not on my bike) and they are super powerful so i imagine the chorus or centaur brakes would be similarly powerful and as you said Ultegra would also be a good upgrade