Upgrade Help!

Bedwards923

Jul 30, 2011
I have a 2005 Giant Yukon. I want to upgrade some of the components, as I want to start riding more again. I'm new to the bike upgrade scene, and I'm just curious as to what you guys would recommend? I don't need to go too extreme, but a step or two up would be nice. Maybe a better drivetrain? The BB7 upgrade for the brakes? I'm not really sure, but I'd like to know what you guys think. Here the stock specs of my bike:

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2005&Brand=Giant&Model=Yukon&Type=bike

Is there anything in particular that you don't like about your bike? Everything listed on the Bikepedia specs is pretty acceptable stuff except for the pedals. If you haven't done it yet, you might want to look into getting some MTB clipless pedals and a pair of MTB shoes. Otherwise, if you are satisfied with everything else, just leave it alone. The biggest thing would be maintaining it. Rather than changing the bike, buy a book on maintenance and get some bicycle specific tools so that you can fix and maintain what you have.

Okay. I just wanted to see if there was any parts you guys recommended changing. If not, then maybe I'll just leave it. Maybe I'll look into some pedals. Thank you.