Upgrade

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Guest, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I will be upgarding the forum later today.

Once this is done i'd appreciate it if you let me know if you'd notice any bugs.

cheers!

Tags:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Will check it out and let you know!

3. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Vo2 reporting from the South African base camp:

All seems well! Board running 10-4!
    Over...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Has the upgrade been done yet? I don't see any changes....

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Nothing has changed yet guys ;D

I couldn't get it working the other day ::)

cheers

6. Guest

Guest Guest

The upgrade has been done, I still have to install things like Poll's, but most things should be back to normal.

You should notice its quite abit faster now ;D The search feature also works better, and the layout ont he front page has changed alittle.

cheers!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

hmm the recent post page has white boxes so i cant read the writing without highlighting the words. the other msgs pages i can see fine though. also the icons at the top of the menu are not in the middle. i prefered it before this update. also i do not notice a speed increese.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I've changed the text to black and it looks much betetr now :)
    The top navigation is still crap, I like the buttons I put there a few weeks ago better. Do you think its worth going back to them?

cheers

9. Guest

Guest Guest

yes i aggree the previous navigation looked better. i personally dont like the new color combo still in the recent posts but may be thats a personal taset? ;).

good on ya mate ;D

10. Vo2

Vo2 Member

There is difinitely a speed increase; thats terrific!
    But I have to be honest, the colour and font scheme is difficult to read, and it hurts my eyes! :-/
    Apart from that, the board is flying this side of the Pacific. Thanks admin > good work! ;)

sorry, forgot to add that I dig the buttons better. They give the board a smooth and pro feel...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll see if I can change it back to how it was after work today

cheers!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok we are back to using the old text colours ;D I've also fixed up the recent posts page.

Vo2 are you noticing a big or small speed increase?

cheers!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

FYI - polls are working again, you should find the new system is much better  8)
    I've also added an advanced Instant message system, again you should find this much much better :)

cheers

14. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Yip, my eyes don't hurt anymore > thanks admin ;D
    The speed has increased, thats no maybe. I cleared out the cache, and then reloaded the page from scratch. It difinitely loads faster!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Admin, the new features look great. It's always nice to have a fresh look now and then. :D

I do notice a slight change in speed, but am reluctant to make judgement until everyone is back at work after the silly season. As stated before I suspect it is more to do with line speed.