Upgrading a cheap road bike

Nick Kew wrote:
> Don Whybrow wrote:
>
>> Respray it to brown and call it "Crumble". Can't have rhubarb without
>> the crumble, that's not natural.

> Of course you can. Fool!

But he wanted to **** it up...

JimP

--
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to
grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after

"Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Don Whybrow wrote:
>
>> Respray it to brown and call it "Crumble". Can't have rhubarb without the
>> crumble, that's not natural.

> Of course you can. Fool!

Then he can have his just desserts.

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:
> "Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Don Whybrow wrote:
> >
> >> Respray it to brown and call it "Crumble". Can't have rhubarb without the
> >> crumble, that's not natural.

> > Of course you can. Fool!

> Then he can have his just desserts.

As far as this string of buns, sorry, *puns* goes, that's the icing on
the cake. Better stop there before my brain turns a trifle
jelly-like....

David Belcher

"David E. Belcher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> wafflycat wrote:
>> "Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Of course you can. Fool!

>> Then he can have his just desserts.
>>

> As far as this string of buns, sorry, *puns* goes, that's the icing on
> the cake. Better stop there before my brain turns a trifle
> jelly-like....
>
> David Belcher

Mine's already turned to sponge.

bookieb wrote:

> Absolutely. I just get a bit ticked off at what I see in the cycling
> press, eg stuff along the lines of "the ride was a bit harsh, but a
> carbon seatpost could improve that" etc.

The other week, CW was actually criticising a carbon bars/stem combo
for giving a bike *too harsh* a ride at the front end - there's no
pleasing some journalists! Carbon seatposts are good for (a) looking a
bit flash, (b) saving weight and (c) not corroding into the frame [1],
but can't see how they'd ease the ride all *that* much (compared to a
fork assembly, where the very design of the component helps the damping
effect).

David Belcher

[1] I *still* managed to get a CF post stuck in a steel frame, which
probably qualifies me for some sort of "services to muppetry" award ;-)