upgrading campy 8-speed wheel to 10 speed?

serg

Guest
is it possible to upgrade a campy 8-speed rear wheel to 10 speed? maybe
changing the hub body? thanks!

serg wrote:
> is it possible to upgrade a campy 8-speed rear wheel to 10 speed? maybe
> changing the hub body? thanks!

It depends on model and year hub you have.
I have 1995 Chorus hubs and was able to upgrade them to 10sp a few years
ago by getting a Record 9sp freehub body from Branford Bikes. It took
about 10 minutes for each hub and I did 2 rear hubs. It cost about $75
for each freehub body.

hmm....i have an '97 bike that i bought used. i hope it has '97 year
hubs on it. i'll check it out tonight. thanks!

serg wrote:
> hmm....i have an '97 bike that i bought used. i hope it has '97 year
> hubs on it. i'll check it out tonight. thanks!

Once upon a time, all 8s Campagnolo hubs could be upgraded to 9/10s
with an appropriate freehub body. Record and Chorus, Athena and below,
since they use different axles. Chorus freehub bodies are still
available, and if the hub is Record or Chorus, it can get a new freehub
body. The lower end ones are pretty much nonexistent now.

1997 was the first year of 9s for Campagnolo, I suspect if the system
is 8s, you have Athena or below hubs..that may be diffucult.