Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

UPgrading fork on Cannondale F5-need help!!

Started by rayhuang · · Last activity · 1 post · 3,414 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
23 January 2007
Last activity
23 January 2007
Original author
rayhuang
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,414
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all,

    I am thinking of buying a Cannondale F5 cannondale.commodel 7FS5.html tomorrow (other choices are all hardtails, maybe a GF Cobia 29er). Anyways, I was thinking about the 2007 F5 because cost of entry is very low ($550), but its a fairly light and stiff frame that can be upgraded significantly OVER TIME and not break the bank. This assumng some smart shopping on e-bay and etc. Still I digress....

    My first question is what shocks or more specifically what size steerer tube do I need for this bike?

    My next question is with the 100's or more choices in front shocks, how in the heck do you narrow it down? I know my needs will strickly be cross country (not too intense) riding and the occasional mountain bike race. I know my first requirement of the shock is weight. The stock shock on the F5 is 5.3 lbs!!! So any 3 to 3.5 lb shock will be a great improvement, but theres so many choices.

    For the astute-you might be thinking why not get the F4 with the dlr fatty shock at 2.8 lbs and a great feel, well aesthetically (whichc is important to me) I think its the most butt ugly thing ever put on a bike. I just cannot do it.

    Anyone who wishes to help-I am very appreciative.

    Ray

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.