upgrading my super six

Nice Super6, o1silver4. The shot of it in front of the Circle K store reminds me I need some coffee!

Originally Posted by o1silver4 .

Its not really about the components. it was more about the compact crank not working out for me. and swapping out the compact for the standard crank.
FYI. This is after-the-fact, but you could have simply replaced the 50t 110BCD chainring with a 52t 110BCD chainring ... with a Cassette which has an 11t smallest cog, that's a pretty tall gear (IMO) ...

• TA probably makes a 53t 110BCD chainring alternatively, most BMX chainrings are 110BCD & available in a wide range of sizes
  • but, BMX chainrings are unramped & you need to be aware that some BMX rings are 1/8" instead of 3/32"
[*] if the shifting between the 34t to a 52t/53t chainring was found to be unsatisfactory, then a larger inner chainring could be mated with the 52t outer chainring

BTW. Nice bike.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Nice Super6, o1silver4. The shot of it in front of the Circle K store reminds me I need some coffee!
Thank u campybob. I would like to be able to spot at Starbucks and get me expresso. But we ride out in the country must of the time nothing but farms and ranches for the must part. Love riding out in the country though hardly any traffic at all, one two tractors thats it.

Originally Posted by alfeng .

FYI. This is after-the-fact, but you could have simply replaced the 50t 110BCD chainring with a 52t 110BCD chainring ... with a Cassette which has an 11t smallest cog, that's a pretty tall gear (IMO) ...

• TA probably makes a 53t 110BCD chainring alternatively, most BMX chainrings are 110BCD & available in a wide range of sizes
  • but, BMX chainrings are unramped & you need to be aware that some BMX rings are 1/8" instead of 3/32"
[*] if the shifting between the 34t to a 52t/53t chainring was found to be unsatisfactory, then a larger inner chainring could be mated with the 52t outer chainring

BTW. Nice bike.
Yea i look at the 52t option, but i wanted to give the 53/39 a try. Plus my legs are really strong did a lot of track&field back in the day. On Wednesday i was squatting 405lbs for 10reps. and most of the people in our group rides has 53/39 cranks on there bike. And i really like my new 53/39 set up, like the feel of it. Not winning out the gears to much like my compact crank that i had on the bike. Did 1000mi on the compact crank i guest my legs just needs higher gearing now.

English slang and colloquialisms used in the United Kingdom
http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp_a=sp02100000&sp_f=iso-8859-1&sp_q=campag
Sorry, no matches were found containing campag.
yet another thing you can't do, blobbo--search the internet!

http://www.cyclesportmag.com/tech/campagnolo-hyperon-ultra-two-wheels-tubular/
"Caisse d’Epargne are another squad to extol the virtues of Campag’s Hyperon Ultra Twos.... "

even among the dolts of ohio who believe the italian language uses the tilde, you are the dolt of dolts.

"even among the dolts of ohio"

I kñew your twin brah was back in Ohio, but you're here also? Frackiñ' awesome ñews!

Group ride!

"italian language uses the tilde"

Hacked by illegal Mexicañs!

Hey Dumass, have you Gooogly up da Campag Velocet? Awesome defuñct band. With the emphasis on defuñct. like you.

"But we ride out in the country must of the time nothing but farms and ranches for the must part. Love riding out in the country though hardly any traffic at all, one two tractors thats it."

Yes, Ohio farm/Amish country rides are very enjoyable.

Tractors, buggies...and no Big City Thinkers to ruin the views.

Somewhere, in a parallel universe there's got to be a Campag/Campa Only. With enough tax dollars and union labor, perhaps someday it will be discovered.
well, yes there is, campydolto! and, boy, has it been discovered!

"[It] employs about 400 people in Vicenza. Like most Italian workers, they are strongly unionized and well paid."

http://www.bicycling.com/news/featured-stories/italian-job?page=1,1

nothing like showing your support for organised labour by hanging the parts they make on your frame! i'll bet your ripping them off your bikes right now, eh, comrade blob?

"In China, it can be had for $3,700."

You betcha! My current pair of DD frames are made by the Godless Red Chinese.

Thankfully, the stupid trade unionists and commies give me even more profit. Learn to use your enemies' weaknesses. Like a tool.

Or you.

Same same.

God bless Campy! Moving in the RIGHT direction!

"Security, proximity, and low labor costs spurred Campagnolo to open its first satellite factory in 2005 in Piteti, Romania..."

"Manufacturing wages aren't China-cheap, but they're low, about $14,000 a year. Italy's strong metalworkers' union doesn't include Romanian workers, so Campagnolo can hire and fire more easily."

Outstanding news!

C'mon sloveniandude...group ride this afternoon. We'll tour the Amish country where you'll fit right in with all the other horse ****.

C'mon sloveniandude...group ride this afternoon.
sorry, blobbo, but you'll have to group ride this afternoon with the voices in your head. as for myself, i'm off to drive the labour costs up at the campagnolo factory so they have to pass on the price hike on to you. have to love it, the strong trade unions, high pay and wine at lunch. makes you just want to burst out in a chorus or two of the internationale!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk69e1Vcmvg

slovakguy said:
sorry, blobbo, but you'll have to group ride this afternoon with the voices in your head.  as for myself, i'm off to drive the labour costs up at the campagnolo factory so they have to pass on the price hike on to you.  have to love it, the strong trade unions, high pay and wine at lunch.  makes you just want to burst out in a chorus or two of the internationale! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk69e1Vcmvg
Heh!

"as for myself, i'm off"

We know. How well we know.

"makes you just want to burst out in a chorus or two of the international!"

You, Peter and Woody would make a hellova trio of commie looney tunesters. Workers! Throw off your chains and...wait! Wut? Some ex-commie in Romania now has my job?!?!

Outstanding news!

"Heh!"

Brah! No racing this weekend so let's go up to the valley and do chutes & ladders.

"But we ride out in the country must of the time nothing but farms and ranches for the must part. Love riding out in the country though hardly any traffic at all, one two tractors thats it."

U got it sir, thats one beautiful photo shot u got there. I need to come out there for a ride. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Anytime!

No Big City Thinkers out here!

The views are nice...although you might have to pass my tractors and hay baler on your way thru!

It's amazing how many folks ride out this way. The other afternoon we had five guys out for a 44-mile training ride and we never went thru a community with more than 50-100 people in it.

Anytime!

No Big City Thinkers out here!

The views are nice...although you might have to pass my tractors and hay baler on your way thru!

It's amazing how many folks ride out this way. The other afternoon we had five guys out for a 44-mile training ride and we never went thru a community with more than 50-100 people in it.
Very nice!

Oh, I see. Nice bike by the way. I just purchased a 2013 Super Six SRAM Rival. It seemed like your purchase was recent and I just assumed it was 2013.

Oh, I see. Nice bike by the way. I just purchased a 2013 Super Six SRAM Rival. It seemed like your purchase was recent and I just assumed it was 2013.

hyperliterate said:
Here's a picture of the bike I bought.
If you don't post a picture of the bike you actually own, it doesn't count. No see bikey, bikey no exist.